Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brielle89 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2010, 01:00 AM
    Psychology Statistics
    Professor Wilson wished to investigate whether background music affects comprehension. Twenty undergraduate students (twelve female) volunteered to take part in the experiment, which involved reading a complex passage and then answering twenty questions on its meaning. Comprehension was measured by the number of questions answered correctly.
    Half of the participants performed the comprehension task first whilst a rock album by Led Zeppelin was played at a medium volume in the room. After a delay of 15 minutes these participants then performed the comprehension task again (with a different passage and questions) but this time with the room in silence.
    The procedure for the other half of the participants was exactly the same, except that there was silence in the room the first time they performed the comprehension task, and the music was played for the second performance of the task.

Q1 What is the independent variable? Specify its different levels.

Q2 What is the dependent variable?

Q3 Name the type of experimental desigin.

Q4 State the null hypothesis (H0) and alternative hypothesis (H1).

Q5 Is H1 a one-tailed or a two-tailed hypothesis?

Q6 What is the possibly confounding variable, and how did the experimenter control for it?

Professor Perkins has collected anxiety scores from 25 participants and wants to calculate a Z score for the sample mean of 26. She's found out that the population of anxiety scores from individuals has a mean () of 25 and a standard deviation () of 5.

Q9 What are the mean and standard error of the appropriate sampling distribution?

Q10 What's the Z score for the sample mean?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 9, 2010, 01:16 AM
    Thank you for taking the time to copy your homework to AMHD.
    Please refer to this announcement: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/financ...-b-u-font.html
    Brielle89 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2010, 06:28 AM
    Comment on Curlyben's post
    Hi there is not my homework is my exam which I did two weeks ago and I posted it here because I'm not sure about my answers and I can't wait for my results. I do not want anyone to do my homework.

X

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Psychology [ 6 Answers ]

I am going to college next fall, and I am thinking abou majoring in psychology. I am having trouble finding fields of work, and careers that go along with this major. Could anyone help me out?

Psychology [ 4 Answers ]

What is the nature of consciousness? When not fully conscious, what behavious or mental activities (such as perception, learning) may occur unchanged? What activities occur but function differently? What activities cease?

Psychology [ 1 Answers ]

What is the scope of abnormal psychology?

Psychology [ 2 Answers ]

Why study psychology?

Psychology [ 2 Answers ]

What is the medical term for a person who has an unnatural attraction towards himself/herself?

View more questions Search