Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sneakums Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2010, 06:55 PM
    Who can I leave family heirloom photographs with.
    It may turn out that I have no heirs to leave my family pictures with. I have no nieces or nephews and one sister who had no children. And I could outlive her. I have one son who is 30 years old and still not married and is sterile. I turned 60 in June and all my cousins are as old or older than I am. Some of these pictures are originals and close to 100 years old. Any suggestions.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 8, 2010, 07:27 PM

Your son comes to mind, since he is your closest family and may well want them.

Then it is his issue latter what to do with them
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 9, 2010, 04:40 PM

Have you visited sites like ancestory.com and tried to seek out possible others. You might want to scan the pictures you have and share them that way. Also local museums also may be interested in them with that age.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2010, 06:57 PM
    Hi, sneakums!

Seeking out the genealogical sites is a great idea! Surely, there must be perhaps very distant relatives somewhere who might be interested in what you have, in one way or another?

Have you asked your son?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to return a family heirloom [ 5 Answers ]

I am trying to find a family member of a local dentist (long deceased) to return a Dental Certificate to the family. I found the certificate among some of my Grandfathers items when we sold the family home. I had found the license logged in the state of Iowa Dental Board records, but the dental...

Should I leave my family? [ 5 Answers ]

If I leave my husband without divorcing him and he stays in our house, should I buy a condo for myself or is it better to just live in a rented one until we divorce?

Family member will not leave with his family and my mom died and I am the exector. [ 1 Answers ]

Mother died and I am the executor of the will. Brother and family have lived with Mom for six months. This was suppose to be temporary. Mom never wanted him in the house and told the other family members he better not live in my house and under no cicumstances do I want him to live here. Have not...

Family Members won't Leave [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriends brother, sister,kids,girlfriend an kids were homeless and me and my boyfriend let them stay a week and they're week has been up for a while well my boyfriends brother had mail sent there so now he says he lives there an nothing I can do about an I am scared to go to my landlord cause...

Do I have to leave the family home when divorcing [ 4 Answers ]

Do I have to leave the home when divorcing

View more questions Search