Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MetalMoats Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2010, 02:35 PM
    Money Transfer
    I am talking to a woman in the UK for a now a month and her family member is to send me money orders worth $4500 and then I cash them and Western Union the Money to the UK to the woman I have been talking to! She claims it is for her to move Here with me! My question is there any repercussions that I could have on doing so like what kind of trouble could I get into if there is any at all Thank you?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 8, 2010, 02:44 PM

And why wouldn't they send it directly to her? Lol. It's a scam.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 8, 2010, 02:59 PM

And then 3 days later that money order bounces and you sent real money to her via Western Union who will not return a dime.
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Jul 8, 2010, 03:19 PM

SCAM, This one has been around for a while and people still fall for it! Think before you do something you will regret!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 8, 2010, 06:10 PM

Yes, you get into a lot of trouble.

The money order will turn out fake, bogus or stolen. So a few days to a few weeks latter, they bounce at the bank and you owe the bank all the money.

If you don't pay it back, then they press criminal charges against you for bank fraud.

So at best you owe the bank 1000's of dollars, at the worst you go to jail

This is one of the most well known bank scams on the internet, have you never heard of it ?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 8, 2010, 06:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    yes, you get into a lot of trouble.

the money order will turn out fake, bogus or stolen. So a few days to a few weeks latter, they bounce at the bank and you owe the bank all the money.

If you don't pay it back, then they press criminal charges against you for bank fraud.

So at best you owe the bank 1000's of dollars, at the worst you go to jail

This is one of the most well known bank scams on the internet, have you never heard of it ?
    Fake Money Order

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I transfer money? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to transfer a large amount of money from Bank La Caixa to a british account, how do I do this?

Should I except money transfer [ 9 Answers ]

Hello I have a girlfriend in africa that sez her father left her $ 500,000.00 she wants to send it to me for investment here and than join me in u.s.a. her lawyer sent me papers to sign to facilitae the transfer. They want me to have an account here to deliver the money to. The paper work don't...

US - Expat - Money Transfer [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all, Just trying to get a hold on some expat rules and regs. I am a US citizen and so is my wife. We are both residents in a country that does not have a reciprocal agreement with the US. My wife works for a US company and is paid in US dollars into an account within the US and pays...

Money transfer [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I've been approached by a company called Apecco about a part time home based job wich consist of receiving money and transferring it via Western Union. Is it money laundering? How can I find out more about? Thanks

View more questions Search