Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    barny Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2010, 01:12 PM
    Doorbell
    My nieghbours doorbell goes off when any type of remote is used i.e. car,garage door etc,how
    Do I fix it .By the way it is a doorman wireless bell
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2010, 01:41 PM
    The wireless unit has a small radio frequency transmitter/ receiver in it, as do garage door openers etc. Take the cover off the ringer and see if there is a small, usually red, switch bar with little switches on it. If there is, you can reprogram it by matching the settings to the push button switch bar. Take the cover off that and you should see a battery and a switch bar. Change the on/off switches around so that they are different than before, but are the same on/off pattern on the button and ringer. For example, on-off-off-on etc. Should work, hope this helps.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 8, 2010, 04:24 PM

If it is this brand Friedland Doorman Wireless Plug-in 'Twin' Door Bell Chime Kit (WFPC875M)  -  Doorman  Door Bells -  Mr Doorbell there are 16 frequency setting. Just dial a new setting

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do get my doorbell to ring [ 2 Answers ]

My doorbell is lit but it won't ring, what do I do?

Doorbell troubleshooting [ 4 Answers ]

I just replaced a working push-button switch at the front of my home (there is a working rear switch as well). It was very old and unreliable. The new switch was a lighted switch. When first wired the light glows. When the button is depressed the light dims and the bell rings. The problem is...

Doorbell getting hot [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I just installed a new doorbell since the one that was there was somewhat on the dated side. They both are lighted doorbells, but this one is getting hot to touch. I didn't notice the old one ever doing that. Is that safe or is there a problem with it?

Wiring a second doorbell [ 1 Answers ]

I am attempting to wire a second doorbell. I read in your column that you should wire the two doorbells together. However, I cannot snake a wire to my first doorbell. The second doorbell is located at the button that was once on the outside of the house. Can I wire my second doorbell into the...

Wiring my doorbell [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I own a split level home with a doorbell upstairs. The problem is that we can't hear it if we're in a room downstairs. I bought a second doorbell and picked a location downstairs, but I'm not sure how to wire it in to the first doorbell, since there is a floor/ceiling beam in the...

View more questions Search