Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2006, 09:02 PM
    Fridged fridge
    A while back I asked why my 1yo Kitchenaid side by side top of the line was too cold. It makes shush out of the soda's. It's 28.5* right now on the top shelf of the fridge side. This is on warmer setting. I had a man out and he spent an hour of diagnosis and came up with a bad blend door motor. I was told these have been problems. Anyway, it's still the same after replacment and I thought I'd ask this group. The thermistor was checked and no codes are showing any circuit board problem. It just continues to run! Not the compressor, but the evap fan does. Continuous cold air from the top vent. Anyone have or seen this problem? Thanks in advance.
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Dec 14, 2006, 09:37 PM
    If the compressor is shutting down then it shouldn't be cooling.
    The repair man made a good shot, and Im not convienced that that's still not the problem.
    Sometimes parts are bad out of the box, its rare but it happens, it happens to me about once every three months.

I would call the repair man back and explain this to him, he's had his hand in it now. Most service companies want to satisfy you, and Im sure they will work with you on this. Even if it's the wrong diagnosis, doesn't mean he doesn't know what he's doing. Sometimes you just have to take a stab at it, and use the best possible answer.

All techs have call backs. I have call backs. My boss has call backs. Everyone does...
    vijeshnair Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2006, 10:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kitch428
    A while back I asked why my 1yo Kitchenaid side by side top of the line was too cold. It makes shush out of the soda's. It's 28.5* right now on the top shelf of the fridge side. This is on warmer setting. I had a man out and he spent an hour of diagnosis and came up with a bad blend door motor. I was told these have been problems. Anyway, it's still the same after replacment and I thought I'd ask this group. The thermistor was checked and no codes are showing any circuit board problem. It just continues to run! Not the compressor, but the evap fan does. Continuous cold air from the top vent. Anyone have or seen this problem? Thanks in advance.
    There may be a problem in termostarter ,which regulates the firdge temperatur if there is any defect than it may not cut off the compressor when it is cooling havely same time do check the gasket of the firdge
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2006, 04:20 PM
    Thank you for both your inputs. I switched to medium setting last night and monitored temp. No change. So, answer number 2 is raising red flags at this moment. However, I totally agree on bad parts out of the box. Esp when they say made in Mexico like my blend door motor did. I do have the man coming back out next week and I'lll let him know I was here. I am in the Automotive repair field, so I fully understand how comebacks work. Thanks, and I'll post results once we get this issue fixed. BTW, KitchenAid warranteed the work after a little gripe. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fridge freezing all the time [ 1 Answers ]

My larder fridge is freezing all the time. I have it turned as low as possible and it still freezes.Any ideas?

Dripping Fridge [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GE refrigerator with freezer on top, bought in 1998. There is water dripping from the top of the fridge. From reading other messages, I understand that there is probably something clogged/frozen. Is there anything I can do without taking everything out of my refrigerator and/or freezer? Or...

Fridge on too long [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a used house that came with a Maytag fridge. The fridge seems to stay on far too long. I have turned the setting dial to mid-way (5 of 10), but it still stays on far too long compared to other fridges I've had. What could be the reason? What can I do to fix? Thanks!

Fridge Thermostat problem? [ 3 Answers ]

I found that my icebox (not auto defrost) was losing frost (not a huge amount was in there, but enough so I noticed it had receded) and it didn't seem like the fridge thermostat was turning on regularly. I turned up the thermostat knob and that seemed to get it started again for about two weeks,...

View more questions Search