Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scared121809 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2010, 10:01 AM
    what happens on your first probation violation for a failed drug screen
    I was arrested in 2007 for possession of a firearm with no license to carry, I served 2 years with 3 years probation, having one year left. I just failed a random drug screen which violated my probation, what are they going to do
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2010, 10:16 AM

You need to go back and re-read your original sentencing paperwork. The consequences of violation of probation will be spelled out in great detail just what your consequences will be once you are in front of the Judge again. You could be sentenced to time in jail or to more probation. Just depends on what side of the bed the Judge gets up on that day. In essence, it's all up to the guy in the black robes whether you go home or you stay in jail.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2010, 10:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by scared121809 View Post
    what are they going to do
    Hello scared:

It's not as simple as that. Couple things, though. You weren't arrested when they discovered your violation. That's good. You didn't say what SUBSTANCE you used, though. If it was just pot, they'll probably reinstate you. If it was something else, they may not.

IF they violate you, they'll probably make you serve 30-45 days. I'm just guessing, though.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation violation for 1st failed drug test. [ 9 Answers ]

Hey wats up... I got caught on under 50 gram of marijauna and got all the charges moved to a conditional discharge... I went to my PO and after the drug test she told me "if you pass this... u will never see me again" just my luck I found out I failed my first drug test for probation... so I have...

I am on probation for theft, and I think I failed my first drug test.. [ 9 Answers ]

Here is my record: 2 thefts on my Underage record, one theft and one minor in possession of alcohol. I had a Diversion for the MIP, and I am done with that. Now I am on probation for theft--a class D felony. And needless to say, I stole a 4 DOLLAR PIZZA and I got 2 years of probation. I have...

Misdemanor probation violation in NC for failed drug screen [ 3 Answers ]

I just failed my 3rd UA for weed. I need to know what I'm looking at in the NC court system. Please help me with any answers, I have a wife and a 3 year old little girl that need me. Am I going to jail or what? My sentence was for 45 days put off to 11/29 probation. This will be my first time going...

Any truck driving jobs for someone who failed drug screen 18 months ago [ 1 Answers ]

I failed a drug screen 18 months ago. I know I only have myself to blame. But is there anyone out there giving second chances to someone who has cleaned up his act and learned his lesson.

Can someone get off probation early even if they failed their drug tests? [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone get off probation early even if they failed their drug tests?

View more questions Search