Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moonlite Posts: 90, Reputation: 3

Jul 8, 2010, 06:43 AM
    Laptop cursor driving me crazy!
    I'm running Windows 7 for operating system. Every time I point my cursor at a word, it opens up a box automatically next to the word and gives me translations for this word in many different languages. I only speak English. I do not need all this extra help. Is it supposed to do that ? How can I deactivate this annoying feature ?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2010, 08:21 AM

Has it always been this way or just recently?

Did it start after installing software or a toolbar?
    -sometimes apps will install a toolbar without option not to install but still have the option to uninstall in control panel

Not sure if any of this applies but worth a look, These are questions would have asked but did find them posted. Will help if can

Did you make any changes to your computer recently?
    Have you installed Google toolbar on your computer?
    Have you installed any cursor translator software in your computer?

If yes, then uninstall it and check.
    Uninstall or change a program

1. Firefox with Google Toolbar is free to download and lets you quickly see translation of English into any other language when you are
    Online.
    2. With the toolbar installed and configured to display translations, translations will appear in a floating text box as the cursor passes over text displayed in your browser's window.
    3. After downloading and installing Firefox and the toolbar, automatic translations can be activated by selecting “Enable Word Translator” from the Translate menu. For more startup help, refer the link below:
    Get started with Google Toolbar : Install or uninstall - Toolbar Help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop mouse won't move cursor on screen [ 5 Answers ]

Using a Toshiba laptop only 1 year old. Turned it back on today and I cannot get the built in mouse to move the cursor on the screen. I can navigate using tab and made it to the Control Panel then Mouse. It did not display anything as far as any mouse driver being installed. How can I get this...

Laptop mousepad/cursor [ 1 Answers ]

My cursor seems to be frozen on my laptop. However, I have attached external mouse and it works. Is there a function key or setting to get my mousepad to work again?

She is driving me crazy [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new grandchild with my sons girlfriend. They live together and I have always treated her like a part of our family. She ignors me, and does not care if we see the child or not. She has made the decision to not participate in our christmas traditions this year. How do I deal with an...

Help this is driving me crazy [ 7 Answers ]

OK well I was suppose to get my period may 6 it was late and came on may 14th but it was very very lite. It didn't even soak a pad. And it went away 3 days later. Where as I am normally 6-7 days and very heavy. And on cd12 I had a dark red discharge and only lasted a couple hours but wasn't heavy....

View more questions Search