Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    origins13 Posts: 68, Reputation: 8

Mar 17, 2007, 12:02 AM
    Congrats & Bravo! Am proud of you. You're a very brave girl!

Best of luck to you!
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2007, 05:22 AM
    You make us all proud!
    tinsign Posts: 275, Reputation: 66

Mar 17, 2007, 05:38 AM
    Gald to read you had the courage and strength not to be a victim and that you have made a new life for yourself.
    Keep up your chin hun and hooray for you will be fine :D
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2007, 06:30 AM
    You have nothing to feel guilty about. It was he who wronged you (at least according to your post.) The fact that he's currently serving in Iraq gives you a respite of sorts (although lord knows what he's doing over there!) and time to arrange things financially and otherwise so that you can survive on your own two feet. I don't know much about family law in Australia but here in the U.S. you'd be in a position to "take him to the cleaners" as we'd say. It'd actually be that he wouldn't be able to afford to leave you as the majority of his paycheck would be going to support you via alimony, at least for a certain number of years. Of course, you would add to that your own income from employment, etc. His only saving grace would be the fact that there are no kids to support ; otherwise he'd be reduced to living in a cardboard box! You might want to speak with a local attorney with experience in family law for firsthand advice concerning your rights in this situation.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 17, 2007, 07:45 AM
    Yeah Take him to the cleaners, he deserves it.
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2007, 07:50 AM
    Meet with a lawyer ASAP and make sure you are protected...

Or you risk getting "cheated on" again
    roogirl Posts: 69, Reputation: 18

Mar 17, 2007, 06:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Great, free at last, free at last, today is the first day of the rest of your life. I wish you much luck and the happiness you deserve.

Yes thank you Tal, thanks for helping me pull myself out of this mess.
    momincali Posts: 641, Reputation: 242

Mar 20, 2007, 10:43 AM
    Roo- I'm glad to hear that you are taking the first step toward your sane and peaceful life, this is another chance for you, use it well. What I'm saying is, guilt is normal for people with a conscience, whether they were at fault or not. You're obviously a good gal and although that step you took in filing for divorce signifies your freedom, it may also be a bit of a burden and leave you feeling with heavy heart. Stay strong and seek a relationship with the Lord. Best of it all to you.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2007, 09:16 AM
    Good for you! I am proud of you. You will be much happier.

Yes I am blunt- but I want people to change - move forward. The situation you were in was no good. There was no respect left or trust.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bring Back the 90's :) [ 13 Answers ]

I got sent something on email, which has sent me on a trip down memory lane. The 90's was my era and what a wonderful era to have grown up in. See the below: 1) 10p Mr Frosty Ice Pops on long summer days! 2) Gordon the Gopher! 3) You could do or tried to do the Prodigy step. 'You're no good...

What can you carry on and what can't you bring? [ 1 Answers ]

What can you carry on a flight and what can not be carried on at LAX?:o

Trusting hubby with his ex-wife [ 15 Answers ]

My husband has a son that lives with his girlfriend on the east coast. That son is graduating next month from college. My husband and his ex and their other teenage son are all going out there for the graduation. We can't afford another ticket for me to go. Besides the son hates me, blames me...

Hubby broke the dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a beaumark upper/lower dryer/washer machine. Hubby washed a stack of towels and put them to dry... when he went to get them out, they were still wet and the dryer won't turn on... The washer is still working fine, and I can turn the drum by hand... any clues as to what he did?? Or more...

Please tell me my fututr will bring me [ 1 Answers ]

My DOB is 2nd June 1974. I got married on the 10.01.1998 but the marriage did not last long. I got separated on the 31.12.1999 and divorced in Dec 2003. I am currently in love with a guy who is 7 years younger to me . He is born on the 16th.August 1981. I have been going out with him for 3 years...

View more questions Search