Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2007, 04:47 PM
    Sorry, I think I went a bit off topic so I deleted my last response as it felt a bit disrespectful to go off topic when the poster has a serious question, so I apologise to the poster for that..
    roogirl Posts: 69, Reputation: 18

Feb 9, 2007, 06:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffersonairplane
    Sorry, I think I went a bit off topic so I deleted my last response as it felt a bit disrespectful to go off topic when the poster has a serious question, so I apologise to the poster for that..
    Don't worry about it. Going off onto other tangents is easy to do.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2007, 03:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffersonairplane

Oh Geoff,

I am sure it was fine. Your words are always enlighting and uplifting, you should never worry.

( you don't really ever bang on - I just like the saying :)

Hi Roogirl :) Beautiful picutre.!

Feb 10, 2007, 10:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    Oh Geoff,

I am sure it was fine. Your words are always enlighting and uplifting, you should never worry.

( you don't really ever bang on - I just like the saying :)

Hi Roogirl :) Beautiful picutre.!!!
    Thanks, that's cuddles the snake coiled around my arm, it's a bit hard to see him, but he's cute.
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2007, 04:26 PM
    Run outside or die inside.
    There's a world of people who will cheer you on and befriend you. If you stay you will never be alive. Living scared is for third world prisoners. Living a realized life separates you from the thousands of women out there who wish they had your guts, and makes you a hero to them. You can post advice or meet women in need one day. (if you go NOW). If you stay you are nobody's hero. And we are all rooting for you.
    momincali Posts: 641, Reputation: 242

Feb 11, 2007, 04:47 PM
    Well, since you don't want to hurt anyone's feelings and you want to make sure your family stays happy since they talk to him so much and don't really care about how much he's hurt you, I guess the only thing you can do is stay.

Just tell yourself that this is what martyrs do, they suffer for the sake of others. And please, don't get pregnant, it would be horrible to bring a child into this disfuntion. And make sure you prepare yourself. Any man this selfish and inconsiderate as to leave evidence laying around is mean and unpredictable. He can come home from Iraq and decide he's tired of supporting you and divorce you, that would be not only ironic, but tragic.

He's using you. It's obvious. He's selfish and self-centered. He broke his vows and didn't think twice because he continues to do it, so there is obviously no remorse. He feels entitled.

Don't wait for another blow, leave now and start your life new. I'd rather live pennyless but with dignity, than taken care of financially but disrespected and unloved.

Feb 11, 2007, 04:54 PM
    "...God's in control now."

So very true. I am praying for your strength and wisdom as well. You can't continue like this and the Lord will guide you. Have faith.
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2007, 09:39 PM
    No kids?
    Wow, you are lucky!
    Few women could be leaving with no baggage after that many years...
    You have a chance to meet someone great. Your karma is set for it.
    Find a lawyer and suitcase -- and prayers to you. His battling in Iraq does not mean you have to battle at home.
    Unless you can live with an "open marriage" - it's RooGirl's time to hop right out of there!

Feb 12, 2007, 02:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by momincali
    Well, since you don't want to hurt anyone's feelings and you want to make sure your family stays happy since they talk to him so much and don't really care about how much he's hurt you, I guess the only thing you can do is stay.

Just tell yourself that this is what martyrs do, they suffer for the sake of others. And please, don't get pregnant, it would be horrible to bring a child into this disfuntion. And make sure you prepare yourself. Any man this selfish and inconsiderate as to leave evidence laying around is mean and unpredictable. He can come home from Iraq and decide he's tired of supporting you and divorce you, that would be not only ironic, but tragic.

He's using you. It's obvious. He's selfish and self-centered. He broke his vows and didn't think twice because he continues to do it, so there is obviously no remorse. He feels entitled.

Don't wait for another blow, leave now and start your life new. I'd rather live pennyless but with dignity, than taken care of financially but disrespected and unloved.
    No need to plead with me to avoid pregnancy. Haven't slept with him for 18 months or so, I won't permit it for the sake of my health.
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2007, 09:33 AM
    Your marriage is done. Mentally it's healthier to accept that and start fresh in rebuilding. It will take you a few vital years. Don't lose any more time. You will feel very strong and satisfied one day for going through the fire.

Feb 13, 2007, 09:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash123
    your marriage is done. mentally it's healthier to accept that and start fresh in rebuilding. it will take you a few vital years. don't lose any more time. you will feel very strong and satisfied one day for going through the fire.
    Time will tell.

Feb 14, 2007, 09:41 PM
    I know times are tough right now, just a reminder that we are here for you.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2007, 12:17 PM
    WHY keep worrying gabout others feelings??

YOU NEED TO GET HEALTHY!!

He'll always cheat on you. He takes you for granted.

This isn't love. It's that you're too insecure to leave. Be Brave. Leave.
    jb520 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2007, 12:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by roogirl
    Been married 17 years, no kids. My husband confessed his cheating about 2 years ago. At least 3 affairs have occurred that I know about. I know I should leave him but I just can't. Still love him, and he's currently serving in Iraq. He knows of my intent to move on. However, it seems like a horrible thing to do to somebody while they are in a warzone and I just can't bring myself to be that mean. I know that he has had affairs since his admission, he's left evidence such as opened condom packets lying around etc. I have nowhere to go and I'm afraid of breaking out on my own. Can't really afford to rent a place on my income as I've got 2 dogs as well. My family who lives interstate is contstantly on the phone to him and I feel guilty about leaving because they are all close to him.
    I have a similar situation. I know how hard it is to break up with someone you love, it doesn't matter what they did, you don't want to dump them, especially in a war zone. But it was 3 yrs ago. But ask yourself "do you think it will happen again? If you're willing to take that risk and have belief that he won't cheat agen-stay with him. If you will never trust him again, who cares about rent, move the hell out and go with a friend. You don't want to stay ith sum1 like that, he wsnt caring about you so who cares that he's in iraq? It is up to you-run the risk of him cheating agen or leave while you can.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2007, 02:15 PM
    Exactly - IF he cared about you - he wouldn't cheat.

Find a good guy.

Feb 16, 2007, 03:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat21
    WHY keep worryin gabout others feelings?????

YOU NEED TO GET HEALTHY!!!

He'll always cheat on you. He takes you for granted.

This isn't love. Its that you're too insecure to leave. Be Brave. Leave.
    Keep worrying about others feelings? It's been a while since those dark days, Wildcat. Things have improved significantly since the original question was posted, as you will see throughout the thread. If you didn't read it all, (which is understandable because it's quite long now) you would have worked that out for yourself.

As much as I appreciate your efforts in posting, your extraneous use of question marks, capital letters and exclamation marks are quite disconcerting. Your bluntness insinuates you are standing over me with a big stick and looking down on me. I don't like it. I would rather you didn't do that please.

If my inaction about my situation annoys you, take heart that I am annoyed with me too. But that doesn't justify your approach.

Feb 16, 2007, 03:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by momincali
    I know times are tough right now, just a reminder that we are here for you.
    Thank you, it's been quite a journey.

Mar 16, 2007, 08:03 PM
    All right... I just sent off the divorce papers to my husband. The deed is done. The matter is almost resolved. Thanks all for your help!
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2007, 08:28 PM
    Nicely done.

You are no longer a doormat, but a proud woman.

BIG DIFFERENCE!

Congrats!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 16, 2007, 08:56 PM
    Great, free at last, free at last, today is the first day of the rest of your life. I wish you much luck and the happiness you deserve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bring Back the 90's :) [ 13 Answers ]

I got sent something on email, which has sent me on a trip down memory lane. The 90's was my era and what a wonderful era to have grown up in. See the below: 1) 10p Mr Frosty Ice Pops on long summer days! 2) Gordon the Gopher! 3) You could do or tried to do the Prodigy step. 'You're no good...

What can you carry on and what can't you bring? [ 1 Answers ]

What can you carry on a flight and what can not be carried on at LAX?:o

Trusting hubby with his ex-wife [ 15 Answers ]

My husband has a son that lives with his girlfriend on the east coast. That son is graduating next month from college. My husband and his ex and their other teenage son are all going out there for the graduation. We can't afford another ticket for me to go. Besides the son hates me, blames me...

Hubby broke the dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a beaumark upper/lower dryer/washer machine. Hubby washed a stack of towels and put them to dry... when he went to get them out, they were still wet and the dryer won't turn on... The washer is still working fine, and I can turn the drum by hand... any clues as to what he did?? Or more...

Please tell me my fututr will bring me [ 1 Answers ]

My DOB is 2nd June 1974. I got married on the 10.01.1998 but the marriage did not last long. I got separated on the 31.12.1999 and divorced in Dec 2003. I am currently in love with a guy who is 7 years younger to me . He is born on the 16th.August 1981. I have been going out with him for 3 years...

View more questions Search