Ask
    KMILNE Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2010, 09:13 PM
    What glue would you use to glue copper to mdf
    We want to Glue Copper to MDF
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2010, 04:08 AM
    Is this copper a clean,full piece or does it have artwork/cut-outs,scroll work?Etc.

I would think using Gorilla glue would hold it tightly,although it tends to expand over the edges while curing,if this is not desirable,don't use that one.

Exterior glue(as I think this is going to be used outside,hence the MDF) would do the job well enough too.I suggest coating the entire project with a finish for long term protection(moisture and debris wouldn't get behind the copper then.)

Am I close to what you are asking?
    :)

KBC
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jul 8, 2010, 01:48 PM

Hi all:

Check out these links... great info. On copper venner work with MDF:

How to Make Copper Countertops - Get Up! and DIY

VeneerSupplies.com - Search Results for "copper MDF adhesive"

Otherwise, Gorilla glue should also work as KBC suggested, but really need to know more about your specific application to say more...

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can take off glue [ 2 Answers ]

What can take sticker glue off laptop

Best glue to use [ 6 Answers ]

I make books with little sayings in them. I'm a bit of a novice at this, however, I have sold a few. I like working with stick glue if it is something small and not too complicated. But I use the glue called, "YES" for larger, more heavy duty projects. I like the glue but find it very sticky...

Glue instead of mortar? [ 9 Answers ]

My son is writing an Eagle project to place decorative cinder blocks around posts supporting a scoreboard. Since we don't know anyone who has experience using mortar for building these, a friend told me he used adhesive glue for concrete/masonry and that it worked very well. The blocks will not be...

Appropriate glue [ 13 Answers ]

I have been doing a craft project that I need to glue a coiled piece of 20 gauge wire to the handle of cutlery (stainless steel) I cannot seem to find a glue that will hold. Please advise.

I need glue for the body [ 1 Answers ]

I'm doing a photoshoot for school. And I need to know what glue is the best and where can I get it. I'm glueing little pieces of mirror-type-glass on my models body. Help!

View more questions Search