Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gutsysleeper420 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2010, 07:14 PM
    Tooth pain after crown put in?
    I recently had crowns put in on the right side of my mouth. Two of them . One top one bottom. I feel sore and very uncomfortable when I chew. Is this normal? I also feel that I can't bite down all the way.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2010, 06:33 PM
    I'd suggest you go back to the dentist and have him check your bite. You may need to have them adjusted so you aren't banging on them. This is fairly common but you must have it addressed, you will not be able to wear them down and could cause irritating the nerves causing the need for root canals.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dull tooth pain with biting down or when tap side of tooth with fingernail [ 3 Answers ]

PLEASE HELP! I'm trying to get pregnant and want my teeth better soon. Tooth #19 (bottom left molar) had a root canal about 8 months ago. I had a permanent filling in it until recently when my insurance would cover a crown. (tooth had no cracks and had a narrow root canals so OK to wait) I had no...

Pain,edema & bleeding of gum following tooth prep for crown [ 1 Answers ]

I had to have a root canal done in December 2009. It was a hard job for the Dr. and I had some soreness for a few days. On March 16 I had the temp. filling taken out and the premanent filling put in with no problem. On April 13, 2010 I had the tooth preped for the permanent cap. A temp cap put on....

Pain in tooth crown [ 1 Answers ]

A little over a year ago I had a crown fitted for a tooth that had a root canal done. I had no pain with the tooth after the root canal which was done about three years ago or with the crown. The last few days I have noticed that I have pain in the tooth and it hurts a lot when I drink something...

Crown Lengething .how long before crown put on [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question regarding crown lengething. I had the procedure done when I had my wisdom teeth removed on a back molar and a temporary was placed on that tooth. Due to insurance issues I was not able to get the perminate till after the new year. How long does it take for the area to heal and...

Tooth crown pain [ 3 Answers ]

I had a cavity year and half ago and the dentist that I used to go to just looked at it and cleaned the cavity and put some fillings in there. Then when I came back for another checkup, he was start working on the cavity teeth like I needed a root canal and made my teeth short so he can put a...

View more questions Search