Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 6, 2010, 06:45 PM
    Recommendations for sealing concrete
    While I wasn't looking the wife had someone power wash the basement steps. This stairwell is 12' wide and is exposed to both rain and direct sunlight. The power washing etch the surface of the concrete. This will in all likelihood cause spalling and chipping in the future due to moisture and freezing.

Need recommendation for a good sealer.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2010, 08:24 PM

I have only sealed a chimney cap with some clear stuff I got at Home Depot. It's held up the last time I was on the roof.
    I have the bottle somewhere.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sealing between concrete and sill plate [ 5 Answers ]

I'm remodeling a bedroom that was a attached garage. I have it gutted out to the studs,two of the walls are built on a 8" high concrete sill. I can see daylight between the top of the concrete and the bottom of the 2x6 sill plate. What would be best to inject in that area to seal it?

Sealing pipe through concrete wall [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best way to seal the sewage pipe through the basement wall to prevent seepage from water saturated soil from the outside

Repairing and sealing driveway concrete [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, I have a small (8" wide) strip of concrete in front of my garage. Recently our development redid the driveways with brick pavers and now I've noticed that water pools on that strip and freezes there when the temperature drops. As a result there's now some minor surface pitting and...

Sealing off P trap under shower in concrete slab [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a shower over a 2ft x 2ft hole in the concrete slab used to place the p trap. My question is: Doesn't this area need to be sealed off with tar or something? Or do you just leave the p trap in open dirt? Also, when I place the drain in the shower by connecting it to the 2 inch pvc...

Sealing Outdoor concrete [ 2 Answers ]

We have a colored concrete driveway located in Southern Colorado that is about a year old and it is starting to look uneven/stained. We were told the driveway should be sealed and have had a rather high estimate provided for several thousand dollars. First, my experience w/ sealing is it only...

View more questions Search