Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2010, 08:33 AM

A relative claims to have fixed the overflowing tank. He said there were two valves at the bottom of the tank, one of which should have been closed. He closed it, which fixed the problem. He said that the way the plumbing was set up, the pump was trying to build a head of pressure in the tank, so it was overflowing. I don't fully understand and will try to diagram the system for myself next time I am up there. But he went back a week later and it had not overflowed again and was beginning to dry out.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks for all your help! Your thoughts allowed me to talk to him about the problem relatively coherently before he went up there.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 24, 2010, 11:26 AM

Congratulations on the fix. Thanks for the up date, all too often we never hear the end of the story.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 valve shut off hot water tank valve [ 9 Answers ]

I was just trying to get some Pro's thoughts on, why there would be a shut off valve on the hot line going out of my hot water tank, and no valve on the cold coming in? Is there a reason for this? Is it OK to add a valve on the cold,so I can isolate the tank, by shuting both valves , and would...

Can one shut off water main valve but leave gas hot water tank on? [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know if I go away for two days and shut my main water shutoff valve can I leave my gas hot water tank on. I saw two answers To a similar question and one answer said you can leave it on and the other Said you had to shut it off. I am confused now as to whether I can leave the gas...

Leaking washing machine water supply shut off valve [ 8 Answers ]

How do you repair a water supply valve that is leaking. It is the valve that connects the water supply to my washing machine. The leak occurs when I shift the lever from off to on and vice versa.

Pvc inline water supply shut-off valve replacement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1 1/2" (one and one half inch) pvc water supply line that leaks at an inline shut-off valve (1/4 turn type, I assume). I realize I need to shut off the supply upstream to change it out. The valve is in between 2 elbows, about 3' (three feet) apart, so there is 'room to work' to remove the...

Can I shut off water supply to leaking hot water tank? [ 1 Answers ]

Can I shut off water supply to leaking hot water tank?

View more questions Search