Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    schayak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2006, 02:19 PM
    Cingular phone switch- effect on data plan
    I have a motorolla mpx220 smartphone from cingular, and I have a $20 per month unlimited internet package. That package is more than twice the price now. They told me I could keep my package after upgrading my phone, but not if I get a smartphone or pda. My question is, if I buy a Cingular 8525 smartphone from eBay or something, and switch the sim card, does cingular know about that? What will they do to my data plan? Thanks.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 14, 2006, 02:23 PM
    Yes, your air time supplier will know you have changed phones as it idents itself on connection to their network.
    If you proceed with this course of action you will be discovered and either have you contract revoked or have a massive bill appear on your door mat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Data entry or data processing from home. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello from Florida, My name is Don and I am looking for a free data entry from home website that I can find. It is not easy to find! Please help!

Sony z520A-cingular.advice?SIM switch? [ 6 Answers ]

Before I go talk to cingular... I have a sony Z520A(cingular) and this is most ridiculous model I've ever seen in my life and I can't believe 5/5 of these around my circle of friends are dead in less than 6 months (including mine). Error:"Inserst Smart Chip". I tried to take the SIM out and put...

Converting pull switch lights to wall switch [ 3 Answers ]

I've been struggling finding the answer to this in books and online, it seems as if it should be an easy question and something that gets done all the time. Looking for some help. My basement has several rooms and all lights are wired "hot" with pull switches from each light receptacle. When the...

How to record phone conversations from phone to PC? [ 6 Answers ]

Is there an inexpensive way to record phone conversations directly to PC using the earphone or headset jack port on the phone to either microphone line in port or USB port on PC? Does it also require special software? Here's what I want to do: My friend and I want to record our phone...

Stolen phone - am I stuck with phone charges? [ 3 Answers ]

My cell phone was stolen recently and the guy who stole it called all over the place, adding about $175 in phone charges to our phone bill. I reported it stolen to Qwest, but they say the charges are still my responsibility. I am planning to refute the bill, but I don't know the correct...

View more questions Search