Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tina fegel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2006, 01:40 PM
    Salary Laws
    If a person is salary, they only work 1 or two days is it the law that we have to pay them a full 40 hours?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 14, 2006, 01:54 PM
    There are too many variables here. Generally a person who is salaried is paid on a weekly or greater basis. If they didn't work a full week, why not? If they were sick, then what sick leave provisions does the company provide?

Please provide more enough so we can give you an educated answer.
    tina fegel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2006, 02:07 PM
    We are a construction company we are slow right now. Some of the guys said they would work just for a day or two if we had the work. Someone told me that if a salaried employee works one or two days you have to pay them the entire week that it was the law. My question is if the employee agrees to it then is it OK to pay them for the days they worked and not the full 40 hours.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 14, 2006, 02:08 PM
    Most construction work is not salaried. If the employees agree to it, you can switch them to a per diem pay.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 14, 2006, 02:10 PM
    It's quite simple really.
    If their contract states a 40 hour week and they work less, well they get paid less, its called pro rata

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home country salary from US salary [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a L1 visa holder from india and was working in Massachusetts from aug 2005 to dec 2005 as a contractor from my original company in india. I used to receive the US salary from aug 2005 to dec 2005 for which I have the W2. During the same period I also used to receive my indian...

Salary Taxes [ 1 Answers ]

How do I doFederal and Social Security Tax calculations for salary employees, using several dependants?

Salary [ 4 Answers ]

How do you calculate salary? If a job offers you a hourly salary and then says your yearly salary is this amount, how come they don't average out. For example if the hourly rate is 14.00 an hour, what would the yearly salary be?

Salary Vs. Hourly [ 5 Answers ]

I understand the difference between exempt and non-exempt and how to actually pay them, but are there any legal ramifications for not paying someone that is salary for a sick day if they have exhausted all of their paid time off benefits? Toni Davis [email protected]

View more questions Search