Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sealykat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2010, 08:49 PM
    I have a hard spot behind my right ear that has effected my hearing and hurts the fr
    This hurts to the touch and goes around to the front of my ear and jaw line. I can't hear very well out of that ear now. I noticed it when I had a bad cold and ear infection but this part never went away. I even went back to the doctor and insisted on another about of antibiotic's. My mother has a tumor between her hear drum and brain stem and I am worried I could have the same; My cold is gone months later and I still can't hear out of this ear and it only hurts to the touch behind my right ear. It feels hard and the hard spot does not move.
    CanBiz118 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2010, 09:12 PM
    Hey bus,

You have a gland around this area which can and does swell with infection or many other types of illness. They are called lymph nodes and this could be what you are experiencing as a swelling.

Steve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I got slapped in the ear pretty hard and now I can't hear out of that ear. [ 19 Answers ]

I got slapped on the side of the head along with my ear... and it hurt so bad (of course) and now here I am a day later and still can't hear out of it- I can plug the good ear and can hear a little teeny bit but now I feel so off balanced and going crazy because I can't hear like I did.its awfull-...

View more questions Search