Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mkstevicks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2006, 12:40 PM
    Ethernet Card
    How do I find on my PC if I have an ethernet card installed on my PC?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 14, 2006, 12:50 PM
    OK
    RIGHT click My Computer > Properties > Hardware Tab > Device Manager > Open network Adapters and see if you have on there.
    Now bear in mind this may be an onboard controller rather than a separate card.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 14, 2006, 01:05 PM
    Or look on the back of the PC for something that looks like an oversized telephone jack.

How old is the PC? If its 3 years old or less it most likely has one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ethernet cable [ 3 Answers ]

I am on orange broadband and I need to connect the ethernet cable from my livebox into my computer ,however I donot have an ethernet socket on my computer so is there another way of doing this .

Connecting two PC via ethernet [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am a game freek. I want to connect my two pcs for playing multiplayer games via ethernet. Please help.

RS-485 Vs Ethernet [ 1 Answers ]

We have Programmable logic controllers that have two connections One is an Ethernet port RJ-45 The other is an RS-485 port RJ-11 I use an NIC for one and an RS-232 /RS-485 converter for the other What is the difference? Does the Ethernet use TC/IP? Do both use three wires? Is the data...

Connect 2 laptop with ethernet card [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, I have 2 laptop. Each of them has a Ethernet card (I use it to connect to ADSL router to access internet). Can I transfer a file from one lapto to the other through the ethernet card ? I have a cable but I do not how to configure the operation system (Both of them uses Windows XP SP2). ...

View more questions Search