Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Asoulpro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2006, 12:30 PM
    Pouring Concrete
    If I have to pour concrete over a large area (8 cubic yards) can I pour it in sections or does it have to be all at once?
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Dec 16, 2006, 09:48 AM
    You can pour it in sections.
    Kstar4u Posts: 255, Reputation: 22

Dec 22, 2006, 04:26 PM
    You can pour it in sections but If a section has hardened before you pour an adjacent section the area where the two meet is called a "cold joint". I always use some kind of expansion material to make a clean edge with less potential for cracking and buckling between the two. Your geographical location (weather, wetness, etc.) may help to determine what material to use. Lots of folks use 2X4 pressure treated forms that they leave in place after they pour a section and it'll provide your first form for the next section. Felt expansion material is also used. Redwood will work also. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pouring concrete over new basement drains [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, After taking up the concrete and relocating the plumbing in my basement bathroom, I am ready to pour new cement. I have a 2" pipe for the shower drain and a 3" for the toilet. Do I cement right up against the pipes or do I need some type of wrapper around the pipe? I sure don't want to...

Question about pouring concrete [ 2 Answers ]

Just ripped up the floor of my second bath to replace all the pipes. The bath is on the first floor sitting on a concrete slab. In other words I have no basement and had to jack hammer and break up the concrete in order to replace the pipes. All pipes are roughed and the sand/dirt is back in...

Concrete [ 1 Answers ]

How the big plants do ready-mix concrete? What materials and other things they use? I have seen those big concrete trucks in California.

Pouring concrete slab outside garage [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All, I am replacing my garage door with a wall and 36" wide steel door to make it a main entrance to the house in the winter and also into a workshop area. It has been recommended that I pour a concrete slab across the front of the garage for the wall to sit on and have that slab just high...

To concrete or not to concrete [ 8 Answers ]

... that is the question, and here is my situation: I'm getting ready to drop in my Kholer 60" one piece fiberglass shower (no tub) on my basement concrete floor. I've asked two different contractor friends whether or not I should set in concrete. One said definitely, without hesitation. He said...

View more questions Search