Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dreamsfate Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2010, 02:16 PM
    Meant to be.. or?
    Here's my question. I have been with the same person for several years now, sadly I know especially lately it has no more potential. For reasons I won't get into because my question does not deal with him.

Recently I got reunited with someone who I haven't seen or talked to in years, and it feels like it was just yesterday when we lost touch. Anyway, I find myself talking to him all the time, on the PC, or the phone,or text messages. And I sneak away a lot to spend time with him. This is not me at all by doing this such a thing, but its obvious I'm not happy in my current relationship. Anyway, we have been kissing a lot and being like a total couple, he even considers me his girl which is nice because eventho I'm in a relationship with someone for a long time, I do also feel that he is my guy. Its just not like me to flirt or anything when I'm involved with someone, much less kissing. Feelings are totally growing between the two of us. I just want some imput about this. And I'll answer any questions you may have.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 5, 2010, 02:39 PM

Your current boyfriend is not providing you with what you want and need in a relationship, but this other guy does. He's giving you the attention that you're looking for.

As a result, you are cheating on your boyfriend. First off, STOP CHEATING. Have some integrity.

If you can't work things out with your boyfriend, then call it quits. Why are you dragging it out.

How is this fair to the new guy? Basically you're setting yourself up for a rebound. Once you break up with you boyfriend, you have someone waiting on the sidelines for you.

If you can't work things out with your boyfriend, then break up. Then take some time to clear your mind, in other words, back away from any potential guy. Once you've cleared your head, then proceed forward.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 5, 2010, 02:48 PM

If its someone else you want, why can't you just end the old relationship, and start a new one after a proper healing?

Why allow yourself to be a liar, and cheater, because you are unhappy with your present condition?

When did being unhappy with your current partner justify what you are doing behind his back??

Do you think that you have a good excuse for how you handle your unhappiness?

Cheating makes you happy??

Those are my questions.
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Jul 6, 2010, 04:29 AM

You must tell the person you've been in a relationship with that its over, or you run the risk of getting caught, also no matter how bad your b/f is he's still technically your b/f until you and he end the relationship.

Its not fair to him for you to be seeing someone else behind his back.

First things first you do need to decide who you want to be with, however if you choose the old b.f. then you owe it to the other b/f to tell him where he stands, and end it with him, It would then be a good idea to have no contact with them either of them, you would be crazy to leave one b/f and jump into another relationship with the old b/f immediately, basically you have the let the bed sheets go cold on one relationship before you even contemplate another.

Does each b/f know of the other or is it all secretly going on? In all honesty you're not really being fair to either of them and be warned sometimes these things can back fire and one day you wake up and they're both gone..

The grass may appear greener on the other side but that's not true. Not true at all...

Don't get into the habit of cheating it will all come crashing down on you in the end and other males will avoid you like the plague if you get that name for yourself. Males may indulge themselves with a girl who cheats but they don't want to take up with one for the long haul, because they'll feel you're not trustworthy..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is meant by ms [ 3 Answers ]

What is meant by MS

What am I meant to do? [ 6 Answers ]

hey, my x and I have been broken up for about 7 months now (she broke up with me) and its been kind of confusing. Since then we have been on and off. Her saying she loves and so on. But can't be back together. To fill you in on some details a few of her friends have died this past year. I...

It meant nothing ! [ 13 Answers ]

Split up with a partner, together a while, but the time spent together meant nothing to her ! She said it had been fun while it lasted. Eh! Why deceive me... It was either just a bit of fun or more than that, she always pushed for marriage, how can that just be a bit of fun? Can't come to...

Meant to be? [ 1 Answers ]

I really like this guy that goes to a diff. school. He told my best friend he liked me, but wanted to get to know me better before he asked me out. But we never talk. Sometime in October he told her that he would ask me out if we went to the same school! He says I'm really "hott" and stuff, but I...

View more questions Search