Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sajankagarwal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2010, 09:12 AM
    Transfer owned money from India to USA in owned Bank Account
    I'm NRI and staying in USA.I wish to file my Green Card as my H1 Visa is to be expired shortly.I wish to have our funds(My and of my wife,who is on H4 Visa)from India ,which is with Indian Banks of which tax has been paid as per Indian Incometax rules.How should the Funds to be transferred legally to enable me in investing into business for filing of Green Card

Fr SK Agarwal
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 4, 2010, 09:19 AM

You have this under criminal law ? Is there something illegal about the funds or is there plans on bringing them to the US illegally??

But you contact the bank that you are using here in the US and arrange for the money to be wire transferred to your US account
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2010, 09:22 AM

Hello s:

I know NOTHING about immigration law. Having said that, I don't believe there would be a restriction on how much money a visitor or an immigrant may have. Assuming that's so, it's not illegal to transfer money into your account in ANY amount. It's CASH that our government is worried about. Therefore, a bank wire transfer will work just fine.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Land is owned by inlaw, House is owned by my husband [ 2 Answers ]

Land is owned by inlaw, House is owned by my husband whom I'm separated from. Landowner is harassing me and threatening eviction. (Landowner is walking around my yard, blocking my driveway, that has a right of way. Also threatening eviction based on my comings and goings and who I have over at my...

Reporting Property Owned in India to IRS [ 2 Answers ]

I am an Indian born citizen of US naturalized recently. (a) I purchased several properties over the last 5 years in India. Do I need to report those properties to IRS even though they are in India? (Please note that I rent those properties in India and pay property tax and income tax in India)....

View more questions Search