Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MichaelJacksonWannaB Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2010, 06:08 PM
    Does the percentage of hydroquinone determine how white your skin will turn, or do...
    Does the percentage of hydroquinone determine how white your skin will turn, or does it determine instead how long it will take for it to turn white?
    SouthAfricacute Posts: 140, Reputation: 18

Jul 3, 2010, 05:08 AM
    No.
    1. Darker skin is thicker than whiter skin I.e caucasian skin.this is why keloids are mostly found in or on black people.
    2. So since black skin is thicker the hydroquinone oxidizes before it reachers the melanocytes to inhibit melanin this is why people of ethnic decent will always complian of "hydroquinone did nothing for them"
    3. What should one do when faced with the dilema of lightening when having a darker shade skin tone.
    4. Exfoliate skin peels,chemical peels be fore embarking on a skin lightening regimen.
    5. Lactic peels 50 percent weekly.
    6.Rentin A generic name tretinion.this would be every three days at night only and start with the lowest percentage 0.025% working you way to 0.050%
    The 0.1% is usaully for keloid scars very potent the first would be a good option to stick with until your skin gets used to RETINA.

7. Ok once you've done exfolitaion process you can then introduce you hydroquinone.
    8.Hydroquinone 4 % with Retin A. At night retin a should only be used at night
    9. Invest in a good sun block.right now I'm using vichy50++

Look up DR kligmans formula
    Retina speeds up skin turn over and aids skin desquamation.

So no it not that if you have more hydroquinone in you regimen it will work better you can use the same amount of hydroquinone after exfoliation and use with retina a and get better results with the same amount of hydroquinone.

flickka Posts: 28, Reputation: 4

Jul 3, 2010, 03:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthAfricacute View Post
    No.
    1. Darker skin is thicker than whiter skin I.e caucasian skin.this is why keloids are mostly found in or on black people.
    2. So since black skin is thicker the hydroquinone oxidizes before it reachers the melanocytes to inhibit melanin this is why people of ethnic decent will always complian of "hydroquinone did nothing for them"
    3. What should one do when faced with the dilema of lightening when having a darker shade skin tone.
    4. Exfoliate skin peels,chemical peels be fore embarking on a skin lightening regimen.
    5. Lactic peels 50 percent weekly.
    6.Rentin A generic name tretinion.this would be every three days at night only and start with the lowest percentage 0.025% working you way to 0.050%
    The 0.1% is usaully for keloid scars very potent the first would be a good option to stick with until your skin gets used to RETINA.

7. Ok once you've done exfolitaion process you can then introduce you hydroquinone.
    8.Hydroquinone 4 % with Retin A. At night retin a should only be used at night
    9. Invest in a good sun block.right now I'm using vichy50++

Look up DR kligmans formula
    Retina speeds up skin turn over and aids skin desquamation.

So no it not that if you have more hydroquinone in you regimen it will work better you can use the same amount of hydroquinone after exfoliation and use with retina a and get better results with the same amount of hydroquinone.
    good summarization,girl! so are you using dr kligman formula as your regimen? how is it going for you so far?
    SouthAfricacute Posts: 140, Reputation: 18

Jul 4, 2010, 07:00 AM

No I'm just. Using. Neprosone and hydroquinone until I can get a script from my doctor,for the Retin a.

Jul 22, 2010, 06:22 PM
    I appreciate the advice, but my question still hasn't been answered...
    Dizzellz112 Posts: 154, Reputation: 8

Jul 23, 2010, 03:07 AM

Hq lightens your skin to a certain degree... but it is advised to discontinue use after 6 months...

Plus when you stop hq... you get darker than you were originally...

Try something else

Jul 23, 2010, 03:08 AM

Southafricacute... does the vichy sunscreen protect you from tanning?

Jul 25, 2010, 02:24 PM
    Lets make this clear, Person A uses a 2% hq cream, while person B uses a 10% cream, after 1 year, who will be lighter? Does the percentage of hq determine how white you will turn or how long it will take you to turn white? And being as it is a melanin blocker, I don't see why it would only lighten your skin to a certain degree.

Jul 26, 2010, 04:34 PM
    I wouldn't advise you to use anything over 10%
    You can't use it forever yano..
    Yeah it probably turn white.. once you discontinue it.. your colour will come back.. likely darker than before
    It's banned in Europe!
    Violaename Posts: 394, Reputation: 29

Jul 26, 2010, 08:57 PM

I am really waiting for the answer to this question.I am forced to think the higher the HQ,the lighter and faster one will become.
    It seems to me like bleach for clothes.The more you put,the white it bleaches coloured clothes...
    itsamor Posts: 196, Reputation: 12

Jul 27, 2010, 05:26 PM

I'd like to know why you would turn darker if you stop using it? That doesn't make sense. (someone explain)

I have a theory that they want us to believe that so we don't use it cause it's so controversial but I'm just paranoid I guess haha
    jimmyfresno Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2011, 10:19 PM
    These goofs are alluding to the reputation of hydroquinone as sometimes increasing hyperpigmentation following use. SOMETIMES. It is not a "given." Yes, there is a dose/response curve in the degree of melanin suppression but there is no data listing "percent lightening" at "percent concentration" of hydroquinone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Will compound my own high percentage of hydroquinone [ 26 Answers ]

Has anyone had any success compounding hydroquinone on their own? I just bought some dipropolyne glycol, hydroquinone powder, and will get some eucerin to make me some 10% hydroquinone of my own. I have been using hydro 4% since October '09, and while I have gotten some shades lighter I feel...

High percentage of hydroquinone [ 53 Answers ]

Hey guys, I started using hydroquinone in a very high percentage like last week. I have been applying it every morning and evening as a part of my skin whitening regimen, but I also apply it randomly throughout the day if I have time. I also use kojic acid soap once a day... Since I started using...

Turn yellow skin to white [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I've got a yellowish skin, though quite fair, if I want to turn it to white , is it possible? And if it is, then can you suggest some home made remedy to get that done...

Safe Percentage Of Hydroquinone [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys, Ok here's the deal. My face is a light brown complexion BUT... my eyelids are still brown. I've tried kojic acid, makari, hypercreme and I can't for the love of god lighten my eyelids. So I thought 'ah a small percentage of hydroquinone should help''. I don't know of any safe creams...

How to determine percentage for employees [ 2 Answers ]

I have just opened a hair & nail salon and need help with percentages. Right now I am charging 60% - 40%; meaning the Shop gets 40% of what the stylists make and the keep 60% plus tips. But, my problem now is this; if I buy the shampoo, conditioner, relaxers and perms; should I then charge 50% &...

View more questions Search