Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WilliamHarper Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2010, 03:32 PM
    Carrier abcd bus conversion to RWYG?
    I have a Carrier Infinity (with the ABCD Bus wiring system) that has died, and I want to replace it with another, standard thermostat. Is there a way to convert the ABCD to standard wiring? Thanks!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2010, 06:54 PM

Carrier model #, inside unit?
    Is the ABCD bus used on the outdoor unit?
    Model # of the outdoor unit?
    Your sure this isn't a heat pump?

eBay usually sells the control: carrier infinity thermostat items - Get great deals on Home Garden, Business Industrial items on eBay.com!

If the ABCD bus is used on the outdoor unit, you may have a problem making it work.

In general, Carrier provides the standard terminals on the control board, but to select a conventional stat, I believe the outdoor unit has to use C & Y, not 100% sure.

You would also need to know the stages of heat and the stages of cool to pick the right stat.

If you only have 4 wires, you may be relying on batteries if there are not enough wires run to support a common terminal.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2010, 07:16 AM
    No, that system is communicating and can't be used with a conventional stat as far I know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bus load of teens in a bus are hunted and killed by a maniac in the woods [ 3 Answers ]

There was this movie, filmed in the 80's (I think). It was about this bus load of teens that breaks down in the deep woods. This maniac killer starts hunting and murdering them. He's very primal looking with long hair and scary. I do know that the killer dies at the end by being impailed on a...

ABCD, a Textile mill, has four main businesses. Beta and percentage of each business [ 1 Answers ]

ABCD, a Textile mill, has four main businesses. Beta and percentage of each business is as follows: Business Investment in each business value in currency Beta 1.T-Shirts $100,000 1.50 ...

Another one under the bus [ 27 Answers ]

Instead of standing behind his man Obama has now thrown Democratic Virginia governor candidate R. Creigh Deeds under the bus, sensing a loss in the works. What a courageous, principled man in the White House. Some people are not too happy about that. And in another profile in courage, everyone...

In Small bus is it OK to pay self a small salary & use a schedule e for bus profit [ 2 Answers ]

In my small business is it OK to pay myself a small salary & use a schedule e for business profit? I do this to avoid high ss taxes and medicare taxes.

View more questions Search