Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hobie222 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2010, 07:14 AM
    Ac unit I just replaced the outside fan motor and capacitoron my ac now the fan ovea
    I replaced the outside fan motor and capacitor and now the motor will run about 20 min andshut off from over heating What could it be
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2010, 07:47 AM
    Are you sure you installed the correct capacitor?
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Jul 2, 2010, 07:48 AM

Are you certain the cap and motor are the same ratings as the removed equipment and not just the same physical size?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Just replaced fan motor on A/C, fan is turning slow? What should I do now? [ 3 Answers ]

Just replaced 3 wire fan motor with 4 wire fan motor and additional capacitor. The original motor had the brown and purple wires connected to the original capacitor. For the new motor, I have the two brown wires connected to the new added capacitor, the black wire is connected to the same wire as...

Rheem RACB-030JAS residential A/C unit condenser fan motor replaced [ 26 Answers ]

I just replaced the condenser fan motor and it initially spun up then stopped, after 10 minutes it ran again then stopped. Now I can hear it buzz then stop but not spin. The original motor was a GE 5KCP39BG K075CS 1/6 HP 1075 RPM 208/230 V its replacement a Dayton 4M205G 1/4 hp 1075 RPM ...

A/c not cooling after replaced fan motor [ 3 Answers ]

I recently replaced a condenser fan motor. New motor works great. However, no cold air. I've noticed while outside unit running the fan will turn off for a fraction of a second and then back on. Is this a compressor problem now? A maintenance tech at the factory I work at suggested "jump...

Fan runs five munites and shuts off I have replaced run cap & motor [ 17 Answers ]

I have a york unit replaced run cap and fan motor the blade is in the right position the fan motor is oem and run cap matches fan motor spec the ac unit comes on runs 5 minutes and fan shuts off and the fan is not hot to touch. What could it be?

Replaced Outdoor Fan motor, now entire unit does not run [ 3 Answers ]

I have a five year old 2 ton A/C system installed in a small house that is rarely used. When system turned on, compressor would start and indoor fan blower would run, but outdoor fan would not operate. Fan blades were frozen. Replaced outdoor fan motor, including adding a new separate capacitor...

View more questions Search