Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lyrasamber Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2010, 06:40 PM
    My friend and I like the same guy.
    My friend and I like the same guy, she liked him first but when they were dating she lied to him. She still likes him but he will never like her back, he likes me. I took his number out of her phone one night and asked her if I could text him, she told me I could and I did. Then a few days later she got extremely angry that I was txting him. I told her I would stop but she told me just to keep txting him, so I did. I though we were fine but as it turns out she was still angery. Now the second time we were together I asked her again, I knew she was up set but she told me to keep txting him, so I did. But now it's my friendship with her, or a relationship with him. He's a nice guy, and she's a good friend, but my mom says that I should go for the guy because she doesn't like me hanging out with her any way... I'm just not sure what to do, we go to a small school and when school starts back up again it could be bad. ( I understand why he wouldn't want to date her again, she ugly, dirty, and she sleeps around with almost everyone!! ) Please help me in making the right decision! Thank you, Meredith
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2010, 06:43 PM

How old are you all?
    soho1 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2010, 07:27 PM

LOL, I agree with your mom. If your "friend" is as bad as you say, why hang out with her?

Having said that, which relationship will be better for you? One with her and not him, or one with him and not her?

Not saying there's no middle ground, but she's transferring her opinion of him onto you because you are with him.
    yasmin19 Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Jul 2, 2010, 05:50 AM

I think that regardless of the type of person she is... what type of person are you?

If your friend is important enough for you to have doubt over whether to be with this guy then you must care about her. Some people are bad influences but if you care about her then you won't want to lose her as a friend or hurt her.

But then... If he means more to you, then go for it.
    Maybe just allow time for everyone involved to step back. If in a month or so you and him are still interested in each other then go for it and maybe by then she will be more over him.
    That way you don't need to lose anybody from your life.
    Talk it through with her properly, ask her how she feels.
    And put yourself in her shoes...

Im sure you know deep down what you want to do... just go with that :) you know yourself and the situation better than anyone answering this question.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2010, 09:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by yasmin19 View Post
    I think that regardless of the type of person she is...what type of person are you?

If your friend is important enough for you to have doubt over whether to be with this guy then you must care about her. Some people are bad influences but if you care about her then you won't want to lose her as a friend or hurt her.

But then... If he means more to you, then go for it.
    Maybe just allow time for everyone involved to step back. If in a month or so you and him are still interested in each other then go for it and maybe by then she will be more over him.
    That way you don't need to lose anybody from your life.
    Talk it through with her properly, ask her how she feels.
    And put yourself in her shoes...

Im sure you know deep down what you want to do.... just go with that :) you know yourself and the situation better than anyone answering this question.
    Again... How old are you?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2010, 10:23 AM

You think this 'friend' is ugly and dirty? That's quite something to say about a friend.

My advice,find new friends,don't go near the guy and mature a little before you think about dating,but in saying that I'm not your mother.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm dating one guy, but I like another guy that I have known for a long time. [ 5 Answers ]

Ok... so I am dating this guy that I really like, might even love. I have known him for about a year and a half, two years now. We have been dating for about 6 months now. Everyone tells me that we make a really cute couple, and that we are so good together. Problem is, this other guy that I...

Friend Likes Guy. Guy hates friend! [ 6 Answers ]

Hey, My best friend likes this guy right? All Well and Good? NO!! The Guy She Likes, thinks she's annoying and weird. The guy is like one of my closest friends, I could talk to him about it but my friend doesn't want me 2. She didn't want me to write this but I am because she needs advice! Any...

Is it wrong to be dating one guy and like him and another guy? [ 11 Answers ]

I am dating this guy and he is really sweet and likes me for me. Well before me and him were dating I liked this other guy but he had a girl friend. So I asked him if we could be friends well he said yea. So we are friends. Well then me and my the guy I am dating now started dating after that and...

My friend is dating a guy way to old for her [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, my friend is 14. She is dating a junior this year, she is a freshman. Anyway, this is her 4th b/f, 2nd real b/f, and within a week of going out he is grabbing her on her... backside. I am worried, I think she is either afraid of making him angry (he is a 3rd degree black belt), or she...

View more questions Search