Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ironartguy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2010, 01:56 PM
    Home ac / heat pump
    Last summer it got to about 112 degrees and my outside condenser fan would not come on, the compressor was running. I put a box fen over the unit to cool it down and soon the fan started to run. Then every thing worked fine until this summer, 112 again the same thing happened. My question is the specs say there is an internal thermal protector inside the fan motor. Could this be getting weak or is it something else like the starting capassitor. Appreciate any help, Thanks Jerry.
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Jul 2, 2010, 04:54 AM

How old is the unit. Is the unit clear on all sides from vergatation, etc. to allow good airflow?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home A/C heat pump freon amount. [ 4 Answers ]

I have been out of the business for 20 yrs and I didn't keep any of my books on A/C. For a 3 and one half ton central air heat pump (Trane) totally evacuated system about how many pounds of Freon will it take. I am talking pounds by a scale from a 30 lb can of R22. Depending on the outside temp...

Installed a honeywell pro6000 stat on a carrier heat pump, cooling mode is heat pump [ 2 Answers ]

Installed a honeywell pro6000 stat on a carrier heat pump, cooling mode is heat pump

Is a heat pump with emergency heat a multi stage heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to replace the thermostat for my heat pump the one I've got seems to be running the emergency heat only. All wires were connected as they were in the old one. Is regular heat and emergency heat considered multi-stage? If so, I need another thermostat... please advise.

Sears, Home Depot, or a private HVAC co. To install new heat pump and air handler? [ 7 Answers ]

Dear hvac-talk man, I love your website and your use of the Word of God, and I could use your advice about my heat pump system. I have a quote from a private HVAC company for a Trane 3 ton 15 SEER Heat Pump System with a variable speed indoor unit using R410A, and the equipment warranty is...

Home Heat pump Inop [ 1 Answers ]

My home heat pump compressor stop spinning.  The pump is controlled for air conditioning and heat from a central thermostat in the house.  The fan works OK and you can hear a click sound at the heat pump when the thermostat is turned on.  The house and system circuit breakers (fuses) are on. ...

View more questions Search