Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    g8kpr Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2010, 01:48 PM
    Need new AC drip pan but was told have to get a new coil too? REALLY??
    I have an old AC unit that is leaking. The old condenser drip pan is plastic and was put ontop of the furnace without a gap or metal to protect it. The heat from the furnace melted a hole in the drip pan and my basement floor is wet. AC guy said he can't just replace the pan, but has to change the whole coil and everything. Initial service call, new flame sensor, replacing coil and drip pan, going to cost me $800.00. The AC works great, so why do I have to have the whole coil replaced. Seems like a metal cookie sheet would work to replace the plastic pan!?
    soho1 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2010, 07:40 PM
    Call around for people that can replace the pan only.
    soho1 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2010, 07:41 PM
    Xx
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2010, 09:12 AM
    If you contact a hvac company with access to sheetmetel shop they can make a pan to put under your evap.coil with a drain

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alternatives to drip pan? [ 3 Answers ]

I just bought a front load washing machine which is installed on the second floor, which is carpeted. The install man said I couldn't put the washer on the drip pan because it would ruin the washer from it shaking too much because of the carpet. I was hoping someone would have a...

Drip pan for condensate [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am going to change my air handler soon but I currently have a leak do to both drip pans rusting out. The air handler is leaking into the secondary drip pan that is code because the unit sits over a livable space. Since I need a new secondary pan anyway I was going to change it now and wanted...

Central AC drip pan [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Bryant heating and AC, Model FB4A, and it has developed an overflow of water from the drip pan. What is the usual procedure for repairing this type of problem?

Drip pan rules? [ 2 Answers ]

We are selling our house and the buyers inspector says that our drip pan for the water heater has to have a drain line to an outside wall. I have heard rumors that this is a fairly new code and that it may not apply in this case. Our home was built in 1999 and has the same water heater that...

View more questions Search