Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    troublemakerman Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Jul 1, 2010, 06:46 AM
    HELP Me From Nutsville
    I have to ask maybe somebody can keep me from going off the edge. Some of you guys know I’ve been doing poems. I want to write, read and share. I found a couple of sites. HTTP://www.lovejoey-poems.blogspot.com no comments yet.
    The one to make my blood boil is HTTP://www.poetrysoup.com. Does anybody now about poetrysoup? Am I wasting my time there?
    I posted these below in the forum on 3 different days.
    “I found poetrysoup and I wanted to share my poems. I was told by people my poems were good. I posted 12 poems. I don’t know how many times they were viewed but only 2 poems received one comment each. Then you have people post a bunch of one line sayings like “I hate you” and “I hate poetrysoup” and with all there crap it pushes my poems and other good poems off the first page and I guess never to be seen again. And it looks like the pm’s read and comment the pm’s”.

“I will try redoing. I’m 69 years old and my poems
    come to me because my wife died in 2009
    Thank you guys”

“I’m not a poet so I hate doing a bad comment because I don’t understand the poem. I don’t want to give a good comment to suck up to get a comment.
    Can you explain how a PM poet lists a poem with 3 (three) lines and gets 65 views with 13 comments.
    I post 12 poems my shortest poem is 12 lines. Between them all I totaled about 175 views with a total of 5 comments”
    I posted this below today as a poem
    If I write 3 lines
    Do I also have to kiss behinds
    If I have the blues
    Will you give this some views
    If I write about vomit
    Will I get a comment
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2010, 07:18 AM

Poetry is like food - everyone has likes and dislikes. I'm an English major. I see a lot of what I consider to be very bad poetry posted all over the place.

If you write for your own enjoyment or for peace of mind I wouldn't much care what other people think/say/do.

Would I post anything I write? No. Not poetry, not short stories, nothing.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2010, 07:38 AM

I would suggest that you not post so many poems. If your poems are short, post two of your best only, not all 12 (for example). If they are longer, just post one at a time.

When people comment, engage with them ask them why they thought that and try to draw them out a little. I am a professional writer and if you are getting any comments at all, you are about par. :)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 1, 2010, 07:50 AM

Why don't you ask your public library if they have a writers' group, or, if they don't, if there's one in your community? I believe you would get a much better response if you read your poems to a real-life group instead of posting them here and there on the Internet. In my writers' group, we have a couple of poets who have really enjoyed reading their works to the group and getting immediate feedback. Also, I suggest you write about other people in your life, in your family, among your friends, and how they have been supportive to you during this terrible time. Also, perhaps consider and write about the treasures that you still have.

Jul 1, 2010, 08:45 AM

I don’t believe it I just received 7 responses from poetrysoup. You guys are right. But I feel by sharing the poems they will go on honoring my wife long after I can’t write any more or when I’m gone. I’m just hoping to get proof that people are reading them. I guess at my age I’m naturally getting nuts. Thanks for the comments and I’m sorry if I’m making anybody nuts here.
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2010, 10:40 AM

You aren't making anybody nuts; some of us were nuts when you joined us.

There are no stupid or unworthy questions - ask away.
    dixie22 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Jul 1, 2010, 10:43 AM
    I'm into poetry to it helps get out what your feeling and to exprese yourself if you wright what you feel it doesn't matter what other people say I read some of them and I like them so just don't worry what they say they probably just don't appreshate poetry so keep on writing and sharing them
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2010, 04:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dixie22 View Post
    im into poetry to it helps get out what your feeling and to exprese your self if you wright what you feel it doesnt matter what other people say i read some of them and i like them so just dont worry what they say they probably just dont appreshate poetry so keep on writing and sharing them

Wright? It's write. Appreshate? It's appreciate. I am concerned about you posting on adult boards.

How old are you?

Jul 1, 2010, 06:52 PM

Thank's for your words. I did receive a bunch of comments from nutsville. I guess getting a little nuts there helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search