Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bahamut Posts: 64, Reputation: 6

Jul 1, 2010, 01:06 AM
    Could energy drinks cause stomach problems?
    Pretty much as the title suggests I've been drinking energy drinks on pretty much a daily basis for the last 5-6 yrs basically to keep me awake at work and compensate for lake of sleep (I work night shifts) and its also not rare for me to be awake for 30-40 hrs, I have most defiantly exceeded the recommended daily intake on a weekly basis
    In the past maybe year though I've been having stomach problems that thus for my doctor can not work out why

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
    Bahamut
    thisisit Posts: 406, Reputation: 57

Jul 1, 2010, 02:46 AM

Did you tell your doctor about your energy drink habit and working hours? Why not make some minor changes in your diet, like drinking less energy drinks, and trying to get some regular sleep schedule and see if that gives you any improvement. You could try something like this:

Low Acid Coffee - Puroast Low Acid Coffee: Drink Puroast Low Acid Coffee! Great Tasting Low Acid Coffee

Your stomach is not made of steal. Be nice to it and it might clear up. Be sure to tell your doctor about how much energy drinks you pour into it. Good luck!

Jul 3, 2010, 01:29 AM

Thanks I'm pretty sure she is aware of both things haha and yeah if cutting out/down on the energy drinks doesn't work I will look into the above link :)

Jul 5, 2010, 10:02 PM

Turns out there's a slight problem here, got to deal with the addiction side of it first
    thisisit Posts: 406, Reputation: 57

Jul 6, 2010, 11:48 AM

You can do it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are energy drinks health, and if not why? [ 3 Answers ]

People are getting hooked on Energy drinks such as Red Bulls, Monsters, 5 & 7 hour energy drinks, Venum. What is going on here. People are depending on these drinks just as those that depend on coffee for awareness and focus. Does anyone know if these drinks result in prolonged health hazards,...

Energy Drinks [ 19 Answers ]

I honestly believe that my boyfriend is addicted to energy drinks. Could this have a negative effect on his heart?

Addicted to energy drinks [ 12 Answers ]

Well.. I can't go one day without at least one can of energy drink, I fell happier when I drink one, it doesn't get me hyper or anything. Just why am I addicted to it? Also; is it bad for my health? If it helps I'm 15, 16 in April

Energy drinks [ 7 Answers ]

Energy drinks. Hi I went to trader joes the other day and was looking for Propel the energy drink, or at least that's what I call it. The clerk said I was better off drinking red bull for a good energy replacement. He said that the Propel has synthetic chemicals in it that aren't good for me. Any...

View more questions Search