Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HotPotato2009 Posts: 706, Reputation: 15

Jun 30, 2010, 11:28 AM
    How many spoonfuls of coffee ground should I use to make the perfect cup of coffee?
    Hi guys! This may be a dumb questions but I just want to know how all of you make your coffee.

The way I make mine... I usually go by how many cups I'm making. For example, if I make 6 cups of coffee, I'll put in 12 spoonfuls of coffee ground. Basically I use 2 spoonfuls per cup.

Sometimes I get strong coffee and other times I get just right coffee. I like just right coffee lol.

And I use Folgers if that helps at all :-)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 30, 2010, 12:20 PM

I always make a full pot and use Maxwell House l00% columbian. I use a full one cup measure of coffee to that one full pot of water. By the way, the coffee maker really does make a difference. My son ordered me a Cuisinart and I have never been disappointed. Adding a pinch of salt does not do a thing for me. I have never noticed any difference in taste.

I always get the first cup, hot, with cream and a sweetener. I tried to do without light cream but couldn't do it !

One has to remember that those markings on the coffee carafe are much smaller then our regular mugs. Mine is marked for l2 but we usually get 8 out of it.

Tick
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 30, 2010, 06:33 PM

Yes, coffee maker and the shape of the filter bowl makes a difference, as does the flow speed of the water.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jun 30, 2010, 06:48 PM

You can purchase a coffee ladle that holds two average cups of coffee. Be sure to only fill the small ladle to level. This seems to make a good two small cups of coffee.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 30, 2010, 06:55 PM

And I guess that brings to issue what you are calling a cup of coffee, the 6 to 8 oz size that is often used to call "cup of coffee"

I have been playing with a lot ( a lot) of coffee since we opened our coffee house a couple months ago.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2010, 07:18 PM

I sometimes use a French Press for coffee . Makes one or two cups. I usually use two tablespoons of coffee for each cup.

My best friend bought me some Jamaican Blue Blend... best coffee.
    Business Expert

Jun 30, 2010, 07:27 PM

I have tried so many brands and types of coffee and was hooked on Maxwellhouse for some time. But for the last few months I have a new 'hooked' and that is Duncan Donuts Original Blend it is marvelous, smooth and tastes great.
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2010, 07:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    I have tried so many brands and types of coffee and was hooked on Maxwellhouse for some time. But for the last few months I have a new 'hooked' and that is Duncan Donuts Original Blend it is marvelous, smooth and tastes great.

I love Dunkin Donuts coffee! I like chickory every now and then... Talk about a jolt!:eek:
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2010, 08:07 PM
    Chicory
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    I love Dunkin Donuts coffee! I like chickory every now and then....Talk about a jolt!:eek:
    I had not tasted that until I moved to New Orleans,I learned from them that during the civil war,it was used for filler as coffee was in such demand they had to use additives to keep up!The taste stayed(even though we know who WON that war... LMAO, :p)

I thought it was odd at first,but in time I got used to it.

I have been through maker after maker,the DeLonge'(sp) was an interesting brand.I had one Cuisinart with the coffee kept inside and dispensed from a tab in the front,it was OK while it lasted,now I have a different one,the tapered filter(paperless is totally awesome) and I'll use 3-4 scoops per pot(12 cup, yeah right,like I might get 4 out of it with my cups), I blend either hills brothers and a flavored Folgers,mostly Vanilla Biscotti or Fair Trade brand Vanilla.(not as smooth,but 'politically correct',I guess :o )

Oh yeah, and when I come to visit,please have some Crème Brulee creamer.. I love that stuff.. LOL:)
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2010, 08:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    I had not tasted that until I moved to New Orleans,I learned from them that during the civil war,it was used for filler as coffee was in such demand they had to use additives to keep up!The taste stayed(even though we know who WON that war...LMAO,,:p)

I thought it was odd at first,but in time I got used to it.

I have been through maker after maker,the DeLonge'(sp) was an interesting brand.I had one Cuisinart with the coffee kept inside and dispensed from a tab in the front,it was ok while it lasted,now I have a different one,the tapered filter(paperless is totally awesome) and I'll use 3-4 scoops per pot(12 cup,,yeah right,like I might get 4 out of it with my cups),,I blend either hills brothers and a flavored Folgers,mostly Vanilla Biscotti or Fair Trade brand Vanilla.(not as smooth,but 'politically correct',I guess :o )

Oh yeah,,and when I come to visit,please have some Creme Brulee creamer..I love that stuff..LOL:)

I have two Bunns. One I use in the kitchen and my husband keeps his Bunn in the garage workshop. They are great. I'm glad you told me about chickory. My nephew usually brings some for me when he goes to New Orleans.
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2010, 08:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    I have two Bunns. One I use in the kitchen and my husband keeps his Bunn in the garage workshop. They are great. I'm glad you told me about chickory. My nephew usually brings some for me when he goes to New Orleans.
    Well,silly,we ALL have 2 buns(bunns, whatever... LMAO)Butt who nose? Right! :p
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2010, 08:41 PM
    Well,silly,we ALL have 2 buns(bunns,,whatever...LMAO)Butt who nose??Right!!:p

Anyway... I like folgers and Community Coffee. Favorite creamer... Irish coffee.:D
    Business Expert

Jun 30, 2010, 08:44 PM

Carnation low fat hazelnut creamer here...

Hey Ken how yoooouuu duin?
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2010, 08:51 PM
    Carnation low fat hazelnut creamer here.....

I am high on life,busy,well liked(by myself:p), others don't seem to like my humor tonight,, tbss... I'll explain that elsewhere, lol.

The hawks won(yeah,I'll beat that drum for a year or more,, :) )

Getting all kinds of things done this year, home hasn't looked this busy in 10 years or more(getting ready for family visits in August),Grand daughter turns 1 on Sunday:D

Enough 'bout me.. HOW YOOOOUUU DUIN?
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2010, 08:52 PM
    Carnation low fat hazelnut creamer here.....

Stringer have you tried the Cinnamon flavoring in creamers?
    Business Expert

Jun 30, 2010, 08:54 PM

Yep I have tried most of them Ken, and I went back to mine... hazelnut. I don't like hazelnut coffee, too strong. Man I need a cup now, but I am already having trouble sleeping over 4 hours and that would keep me up all night. That wasn't a problem until a year or so ago... now I am... well, old. :) Damn, the truth hurts...
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2010, 08:56 PM

KBC.. I think your humor is fine... you made me laugh!
    Business Expert

Jun 30, 2010, 08:58 PM

Hmmmm who questioned my friends humor..
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2010, 08:59 PM
    Yep I have tried most of them Ken, and I went back to mine...hazelnut. I don't how ever like hazelnut coffee, too strong. Man I need a cup now, but I am already having trouble sleeping over 4 hours and that would keep me up all night. That wasn't a problem until a year or so ago....now I am....well, old. :) Damn, the truth hurts.............
    Old as of last year? well now, marriage HAS aged you... ;) Umm, I am thinking twice about proposing(NOT! ), I like being single too much:rolleyes:
    Business Expert

Jun 30, 2010, 09:03 PM
    I am high on life,busy,well liked(by myself:p),,others don't seem to like my humor tonight,,,tbss...I'll explain that elsewhere,,lol.

The hawks won(yeah,I'll beat that drum for a year or more,,,:) )

Getting all kinds of things done this year,,home hasn't looked this busy in 10 years or more(getting ready for family visits in August),Grand daughter turns 1 on Sunday:D

Enough 'bout me..HOW YOOOOUUU DUIN??
    Cleaning all the crap and stuff from my bod next I think that they might try strong radiation... Kidding. :)

I like your humor, what is the flavor of the week?

Hawks... Yeah, nice, very nice. I still have my banners flying in my front yard bud.

Granddaughters... what can I say, nothing shows love like a granddaughter and 1 year old... man I bet she is a real cutie... right? I would love to see a picture Ken.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I drink my coffee from a tin cup what's the name of song or who sings it [ 3 Answers ]

I wann know the name the song or who sings it with the lyrics idrink my coffee from a tin cup

Does "Coffee Bean" have better coffee than "Starbucks"? [ 2 Answers ]

Just a quick question.

How to make hot and cold coffee like café [ 3 Answers ]

Can somebody tell me how to make cold or hot coffee like café or suggest me any book that is available on net as freeware

Better than a second cup of coffee! [ 2 Answers ]

Hearing Aid Danger Having lost most of his hearing a number of years ago, this elderly man goes to the doctor to be fitted with hearing aids which promise to allow him to hear 100%. A month later, he returns to the doctor for a check up on his progress. The doctor tells him that his hearing is...

View more questions Search