Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gottamoveon Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2010, 08:40 AM
    Finally the unthinkable has happened
    I alredy have had talked to a close friend, she's been helping me out a lot (im a guy 19 yrs old). Im not very strong right now to type what really happened during my brake up over the weekend. So I am just going to pretty much summarize it. We dated for about 3 years, and she's 17, turning 18 next week.
    -went to her house at night on Friday to surprise her (she wasn't text or answering calls)
    -car pulls over her house, she gets out of the car. I was in shock, didn't say anything, she just began talking. "parents dont like you, never going to be able to bring you home; I want to go out and socialize; need time to think about what i want (which i think i alredy know what it means by reading a lot of post in here); he is just a a friend, we began talking yesterday; im going away to school next year; your change of 3 months will never make up the damage of 3 years"
    -went home got wasted, while she was txting me (dont remember what I said
    -next day didn't talk to her, she calls me at night, and says I still care about you and love you (which it seems what all girls say after a break up). This kind of made me feel a little better so then...
    -next day I text her, I thought I would open up and tell her id do anything to get back with her, she said iwas pushing her, went to her work, hold hands, kissed her, and told her if we could speak at night.
    -told my friend what happened and told me I made a big mistake
    -later on ex calls me saying she can't because her parents, she stop txting me, I text her sis, she tells me she's out with some other guy.
    -this point I text her and I say "oh wow i thought you couldnt go out"
    -i called me friend, I went to get a tatto that says "Let the time heal the pain"
    -came back home took some sleeping pills, and ex replies to my text message after 4hrs at 1:30am saying "well we are not going out, and i been thinking about it..."
    -at this point I just knew it was over, didn't reply to the text, next morning she sents another text just saying my name, didn't reply.
    -i already deleted her from fb, email, phone. She saw that I block her from fb and she went on and change her password.

We had some many goals in life planned together, like get married and having kids (I know young and stupid). Never thought this day would come. I don't know if I want to cry or not, I alredy did after the break up and my eyes were so swollen next day. I feel like if I cry I'm just going to feel worst and miss her even more.
    parisrose Posts: 61, Reputation: 28

Jun 30, 2010, 09:06 AM

Break up are extremely hard!
    Keep doing NC with her, everyday it will get easier, keep yourself busy.

There are a lot of stickies at the top of this forum that will help with the pain.

You seem to be doing everything on the right track already.

We're all here for you, if you need to talk :)

Jun 30, 2010, 09:25 AM

Thank you, I alredy went through all the stickies before posting.
    Working out is one of my passions, I been trying to bodybuild for the past year but I recently injured my elbow and I'm unable to work out for I don't know how long, this really put me down, then I found out about my girl leaving me, made it worst...
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2010, 10:32 AM

Breaking up is hard to do! I think we've all been there and it seems as though the pain will never end.

It does end and you move on a little wiser and little leery of trusting anyone else again.

Don't be afraid to cry or scream or anything you need to do to help you through this.

There will be someone else again, but give yourself time to get over the hurt of this one. In a few months.. who knows?. Good luck
    And I'm very sorry you're hurting.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 30, 2010, 11:46 AM

Sorry for your loss, but I think in time you will be ready to do your own thing and get use to the idea that things have changed with your romantic life. Like the old one is gone and after a proper healing period, you will pursue other options, and opportunities.

The main thing that will help the most is leaving her alone, and sticking to strict No Contact, as over time it will get better. It always does, whether you think so right now, or NOT.
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2010, 02:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Sorry for your loss, but I think in time you will be ready to do your own thing and get use to the idea that things have changed with your romantic life. Like the old one is gone and after a proper healing period, you will pursue other options, and opportunities.

The main thing that will help the most is leaving her alone, and sticking to strict No Contact, as over time it will get better. It always does, whether you think so right now, or NOT.

Please listen to this advice and I hope you start feeling better.

Jul 1, 2010, 12:36 AM
    I was doing fine all day today until I saw my friend looking at her profile... Now I'm drinking
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2010, 09:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gottamoveon View Post
    I was doing fine all day today until I saw my friend looking at her profile... Now I'm drinking

Stop it! Think of how horrible she treated you. Don't drink to forget. Don't drink to drown your sorrows. You need to get out and walk or jog. Don't drive anywhere. Stop being a victim!

Jul 1, 2010, 01:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    Stop it! Think of how horrible she treated you. Don't drink to forget. Don't drink to drown your sorrows. You need to get out and walk or jog. Don't drive anywhere. Stop being a victim!
    It was late... I already was sleeping. I keep trying to distract myself from thinking about her. This blows
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2010, 01:53 PM
    it was late... i already was sleeping. I keep trying to distract my self from thinking about her. this blows
    Life doesn't always give us what we want. It hasn't given you this girl because she is not worth your time. I went through a lot of hurt in my life and when I wasn't even trying to find someone I met my husband and we have been married many years.

Grow up and stop boozing or you'll turn into a big ball of nothing. You be a man and start acting like a man. Anybody can lie around and cry and whine and feel sorry for themselves, but she isn't going to care one way or another.

Shape up or you will never have control of your life.

Jul 1, 2010, 02:17 PM
    Thanks kitkat, your words cheer me up a little
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2010, 02:20 PM
    thanks kitkat, ur words cheer me up a little

I want you to see all the good things in your life. You are better than this. Just stop this drinking and don't try to figure out what you could or could not have done to keep this girl. You deserve better.

Jul 2, 2010, 01:10 AM
    That's so true. She called a while ago. I didn't pick up
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2010, 09:19 AM
    That's so true. She called a while ago. I didn't pick up
    Good stick to to it... No more Drinking!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have done the unthinkable [ 12 Answers ]

Hello all. This is the first time I have used this website. In fact for the last 5 hours or so I have been Googleing looking for an answer to my problem. I will make this as short as possible but any help would be appreciated. My girlfriend and I have been dating for just over 4 years. We...

I think this is finally over and I can't take it [ 8 Answers ]

I really need some good advice as I am really struggling to cope with this break up.I have been with my boyfriend for 5 years and been through our fair share of ups and downs. In those five years we have broken up and then got back together as we would usually realise after a few weeks that we...

Is it finally over? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for years now. On and off throughout these years he has secretly been talking to his ex (on the phone, occasionally in person) Every time I found out he swore he would never do it again, so I would let it go, but then a few months would pass and then again I would find...

Finally! [ 5 Answers ]

Finally I got my wish. We're PREGNANT! Yay for me! So basically yea, all those of you who are trying, just keep your chins up and it will happen. :D

View more questions Search