Ask
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2010, 06:57 PM

NC, man.
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2010, 07:34 PM

You are very close to being done with her as far as the move goes. Don't let her get to you. You will feel much better about yourself if you don't blow up, and don't give her ammunition to make you look bad. A suggestion would be to do something physical - exercise, hit a punching bag, etc. Personally, I played a lot of racquetball - hitting that little blue ball as hard as I could, running all over the court, and laughing because it was so much fun. I had never played so hard in my life as when I was taking out my feelings on the court.
    elwoodb Posts: 71, Reputation: 16

Aug 11, 2010, 07:37 PM

Getting onto that right now, cannot believe that she would post that, it's my house and she's hitting on the removalists! Seriously she obviously is trying to bait me... Not going to give her the satisfaction!

I'm off to the gym this afternoon just looking, certainly looking at getting back into sports again, blew my knee our bodyboarding earlier in the year so I can only start looking into team sports now. Trying very hard not to give her the satisfaction... Having to use all my patience up for the decade on her!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 11, 2010, 07:58 PM

LOL, don't you know people will say anything to push your buttons?

Misery loves company.
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2010, 07:58 PM

I think you'll have the last laugh on this one. She'll be left behind wondering how she got into this position, especially if she keeps trying to play games and you ignore her. You'll be getting better and moving on. I'm sure you know that the best satisfaction is moving on and doing well... and forgetting her. The most important thing is to keep moving forward and making positive moves for yourself. Everything will come together for you if you can do that.
    aimee_tt Posts: 340, Reputation: 143

Aug 11, 2010, 08:12 PM

Block her on Facebook!! Once she is blocked you won't have to see a thing she writes ever again!

Should have told her you chucked the key ring in the bin because it reminded you of trash... HER!

You can do SOOOO much better than this. You're a good guy and have a good life ahead of you. Go NC for good and move on.

Once you figure yourself out you will find that special girl and realise you wasted time with you ex.

Wishing you the best!

Aug 12, 2010, 05:21 AM

Thanks guys, well I'm getting along all right, had to exchange a couple texts over some gear and I behaved like a gentleman I refuse to give her an excuse to justify her actions. Must be frustrating the hell out of her. She texted me asking if I was OK? So she goes from checking out removalists too wondering if I'm OK? Ignored! As for the keyring I did throw it out, just couldn't be bothered to tell her that. On a side note one of my friends came up vindictive fb idea, she wanted to post on my fb 'hey just heard what happened, are you OK? What are you going to do about the ring you bought?' lol I thought it was brilliant. Leave that there for a couple of days then block her and that would be the info she would ever have on me. She would always have that 'whatif'... I know it's a bit cruel but the idea of it made me laugh a lot! Btw never did buy a ring, had the money saved up just never got the chance too. Bullet dodged there!
    fireguy40 Posts: 43, Reputation: 10

Aug 12, 2010, 05:29 AM

Nice idea but no!! Why play to the drama mate, walk away keep your pride and don't play the game
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Aug 12, 2010, 05:51 AM

Hi Elwood.
    Please don't stoop to a lower level now so far you have shown great strength of character and dignity in how you've handled this, To do as you say in the above post would merely drop you to a lower level you've been the respectful and courteous one in this don't lose that for a one upmanship, you're already way above that already you have been civilised and sensible. Keep it that way.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 12, 2010, 07:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by elwoodb View Post
    . On a side note one of my friends came up vindictive fb idea, she wanted to post on my fb 'hey just heard what happened, are you ok? What are you going to do about the ring you bought?' lol I thought it was brilliant. Leave that there for a couple of days then block her and that would be the info she would ever have on me. She would always have that 'whatif'... I know it's a bit cruel but the idea of it made me laugh a lot! Btw never did buy a ring, had the money saved up just never got the chance too. Bullet dodged there!
    This is a sure sign she still has a hold and control.
    Don't even think about doing something so silly. She will probably contact you and isn't that what you want to stop? Or is it.
    Continue NC. Stop texting and checking Facebook and coming up with reasons to text her. It's past time to get serious about this.
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2010, 09:04 AM

"This is a sure sign she still has a hold and control."

Yup. Still wants to text, FB and take her messages.

Get serious is right.
    kaka67 Posts: 261, Reputation: 200

Aug 12, 2010, 03:31 PM

Elwoodb you need to realise that she doesn't give two hoots about you or you would be together not going through this.

What she does, say or think is no concern of yours anymore. Playing silly games because that's the last thing she hears about you?? She doesn't care. Only you do. You think you'll get a reaction from her? You won't. She doesn't care!

You need to realise that its you that's hanging on making more out of this then need be because you are still emotionally involved. That's why everyone says go NC.

It stops the confusion you make in your mind about every little thing she does.

She doesn't care anymore. She's getting on with her life.

You need to do the same. Sorry.

P.S. If you continue to hold on please don't blame her for you getting hurt anymore. She's told you its over. Up to you how you deal with it.
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2010, 03:51 PM

Cut the cord is right!

All I seem to keep hearing is about removals here, removal there. Key chains and BS. Trying to lie on FB. C'mon, man.

You are perpetuating it now.

Sounds like you are scared to finally cut the cord.

But soon to be forced to. If not on your own volition.

I know Ive said this a bunch of times, but am still proud of it:

A week after my ex dumped me, I chucked all of her stuff in
    My dumpster (just like she did me).

Faster than you could say "I dont want a relationship. I wanna be single"

Hehehe. Im cracking myself up. Still feels good.

Aug 12, 2010, 05:13 PM

This thing on Facebook is making you look weak.

Do you really want her thinking your weak and she can step all over you? Because that's inviting her to do so.

Block her. She will not be able to see your page you will not be able to see her page. She will no longer exist!

The sooner you get her out of your life the sooner you will feel better. It seems like you don't want to let her go. But do you really want her back after what she could have possibly been doing with another guy ON the day of your annerversity?

She doesn't deserve you. Get that into your head. Get her out of your life!!
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 12, 2010, 06:01 PM

He does not want to let her go!

What is going to have to happen is, you are going to keep contacting her, you are going to eventually get together for a time and this whole thing is going to start over again. It will keep happening until she either just really hurts you or you open your eyes and get a clue.

Personally I think you read and see what you want to see in all of this because you cannot accept that she has left you and is not having the anxiety that you are. That's why you keep trying to peak into her life and hang on the everything you hear or see.
    When you get sick and tired of being sick and tired, you'll let all of this go. You are not there yet.
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2010, 06:05 PM

"you cannot accept that she has left you"

Hello?

Aug 12, 2010, 07:05 PM
    Hey guys, was really surprised at how many posts there are! Seems my mates joke has caused some a lot of comments. Firstly I'd like to say that it was a joke, I never intended to do that and lower myself to playing games. I thought it was funny and felt it was a turning point for me that I can actually start to laugh at how I've been treated, also mixed with a bit of anger. Secondly I have no intention of going back, no good would come from it, and if that was to happen anyone onthis forum can feel free to come to Australia and slap me very hard whilst screaming 'what are you thinking?! '

As for cutting the cord, blocked her on fb, deleted her number, have removed and boxed anything that reminds me of her. Currently dad is building a huge bonfire stack for when I get home to burn it all and possibly dance around. Now the removals are done no need to ever talk to her ever again! No going back... Always forward!

Thanks for all the help provided! I'm hoping in the future to be able to help others on here as well.

Aug 12, 2010, 07:13 PM

Just remember Im in Sydney Australia... I will come slap you across the face and also give you a nice kick up the Butt for everyone here.

Im watching you! Hehe
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2010, 07:15 PM

Good.

Im dancing w/ya. Splits, finger in the air, bumps & grinds, twirls, but no robot though...

Sorry.

Aug 12, 2010, 10:26 PM

Lol Aimee You wouldn't have to travel far to slap me, she lives in Sydney and is about as likely to move as the harbour bridge. It's a no go zone for me 100km buffer placed around there!

No robot? Don't worry I've got it covered ;)

No sadness, just relief that it's all done with!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't figure out my face shape and I want to get my hair cut to suit my face [ 5 Answers ]

The measurements of my face are: Widest part of cheekbones (cheekbone to cheekbone) - 9 inches Widest part of jaw (widest part on the left to widest part on the right) - 8 inches Widest part of forehead (" ") - 8 inches Length of face - 7 inches It says my face shape is square but it...

Should I get on a plane and find out what happened face to face? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I was in a relationship with a girl I met through World of Warcraft(pc game) for about three years until the 4/11/09 when I she ended it, over msn. She is Norwegian, I'm English. She was 16 when I met her and I was 17. I'm now 21 and she is 19. We've spent a lot of time together....

Regular contact, but no face to face [ 2 Answers ]

We dated a while, then he wanted to take a break from seeing each other, but maintained some contact (txt. Message, some calls), about four weeks ago, we began to date some again, and saw each other 3 times in 2 weeks, he makes some form of contact every day, but we haven't seen each other again...

View more questions Search