Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tuck60 Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2010, 04:52 AM
    Confused after a good date
    Met this girl out last week and we exchanged numbers and we went out for a few drinks and to the cinema last week. I think it went pretty well and at the end of the night we kissed on the cheek and said we would go out again sometime. Since then we have text again just saying we had a nice night etc. Then saw her out at the weekend and we had a drink and kissed and got on really well. We said we would go out in the week for some food. I have text her to arrange this and no response? Should I just leave it as don't want to come across as weird by texting again or ringing when she has chosen not to reply. What do you think?
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2010, 06:59 AM

Maybe she is busy. You should also consider calling her rather than texting her. Perhaps the text didn't go through. By calling you are showing a bit more initiative. If she doesn't pick up, leave a voicemail and be done with it. Texting is overused and informal.
    parisrose Posts: 61, Reputation: 28

Jun 30, 2010, 09:02 AM

Texting is horrible for the beginning of the relationship. It's good for cute little phrases. But all plans should be made over the phone.

I used to only text in a past relationship, ended up getting broken up with in a text message. :S! I would highly recommend keep all communication over the phone.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 30, 2010, 12:38 PM

I don't see the need to push to hard or to fast so be patient and keep doing your thing and if she hasn't responded in a few days, give her a CALL, and see if she is free for dinner.

You don't know what's going on in her life, or how busy she is, so don't assume just carry on and invite someone else out.

The last thing you need when you meet someone new, is worry about why THEY have not gotten back with you.
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2010, 12:44 PM

Chill...

She is busy. No need to blow up her phone or inbox. This is where you make your own plans with your friends and find something else to do.

This will show her you are not needy and that you have a life.

Sounds like you're rushing things along. That will not work.

I hate texting. My mouth is is a lot easier to use and besides that, my thumbs start to hurt after a while. I was talking with this chick a couple of weeks ago. She said she prefers to text rather than talk... yay... :rolleyes:
    tuck60 Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2010, 12:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I don't see the need to push to hard or to fast so be patient and keep doing your thing and if she hasn't responded in a few days, give her a CALL, and see if she is free for dinner.

You don't know whats going on in her life, or how busy she is, so don't assume just carry on and invite someone else out.

The last thing you need when you meet someone new, is worry about why THEY have not gotten back with you.

I know but I am going away at the weekend for two weeks and would like to have seen her before then as I won't be able to speak to her while away.
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2010, 01:05 PM

Take the time away and talk to her when you get back. She isn't going anywhere AND you will have a ton to catch up on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Went on my first date in 5 years.now I'm confused. [ 7 Answers ]

Well about 6 months ago a 5 year relationship I was in came to an end... and just the other week I met this girl and we hit it off and I told her I would take her to dinner. We initially met at a bar and we ended up making out the whole night and I even spent the night at her friends place, we...

Confused about my due date [ 5 Answers ]

My last period was around March 4th or 5th. I had sex with my current boyfriend around the 15th without any protection. When it came close to time for my period to come I was having sharp cramps and I really didn't think anything of it. I always get cramps before my period comes but these where...

Date in an hour and confused [ 5 Answers ]

Hey all, I've got a date in about an hour and I've been sort of thinking since around 9 last night that I don't want to be in a relationship. Basically, there's this girl who likes me a lot. Now I think she's attractive, I think she's very sweet, but I've been so good without a relationship....

Confused about due date [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I went to my doctor today and found out that I am pregnant. The first day of my last menstrual period was 9th Nov,2007. The length of my cycle was 28 days last year, but this year it somehow ranges from 32-35 and back to 28 days on October and November.My doctor said that my due date is 7th...

Confused about my due date ? [ 1 Answers ]

Okay well I went to get my 1st sonogram on the 20th of this month and it said I was 9 weeks or 2 days or that might have been how many weeks the baby was I don't know but my obgyn is saying that I was due on April 19th so wouldn't that make me like 11 weeks or something?? :confused:

View more questions Search