Ask
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 13, 2006, 03:30 PM
    Toilet Question
    Jaydog109
    New Member Join Date: Dec 2006

Toilet Question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read one of your replies about a toy being in the toilet and you stated that you could explain how to remove the toilet. I am having the same problem and would love to get some advise on how to remove the toilet... Thanks

Jason
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 13, 2006, 05:06 PM
    Pulling a toilet and going into the bottom to clear a obstruction is a dirty messy job best left to us dirty messy plumbers. Having said that.
    If you have used a closet auger,(see image) on it and it's still clogged, chances are you will find it in the bend of the trap in the bowl. Turn off the water at the angle stop. Sponge out the tank and bowl. Remove the closet bolts and lift straight up. Have a piece of cardboard to set it on. Now tilt it over on its side. Careful, you still have about a gallon of water left in the trap. Now take a coathanger, put a hook in it and go fishing up the bottom to see if you can hook the ,comb, ballpoint pen, pencil or whatevers caught up there. All you will need to reset the stool is a new wax seal. Good luck Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet Flange Question [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently remodeling my bathroom and I need to fix or replace the toilet flange. The old one is cast iron and broken on one side. My bathroom is currently gutted, walls and floor. I guess my question is should I replace it, since I have no flooring down and if so, how do I go about...

Height of toilet flange above new tile - additional question [ 1 Answers ]

Hello... I just read the question (posted July 18) on this subject and the answer by rickj. I was glad to see it and agree with everything, but when looking at the bottom of my new Kohler toilet, it seems that the 1 inch thick wax ring is going to have to be compressed down to only about 1/8...

Probably a boring question: Flapper sticking in toilet [ 1 Answers ]

The flapper in the toilet is sticking in the open position causing the toilet to run (unless someone jiggles the handle to get the flapper to close). The chain was twisted around the handle, but has since been fixed. The flapper continues to stick for no apparent reason. Suggestions? Thanks.

Another toilet flange question [ 1 Answers ]

I read through all the questions and responses to various toilet flange problems and I think I found the solution from one of speedball1's responses, but let me summarize to make sure. I have a toilet in the basement which is over concrete. I pulled up the toilet and there is no flange. The...

Question about toilet venting [ 9 Answers ]

Hello all! I stumbled upon this forum... what a godsend! Anyway, here's a question for the plumbing experts. I have two bathrooms, each with one toilet and one sink. All four of these items are vented through a single 2" pipe up to the roof. I've been having a bit of trouble with the...

View more questions Search