Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ttcheer3 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2010, 08:20 PM
    Gymnastics help
    I take tumbling classes at an all star gym but they say I am so close to getting my back handspring.. and I feel like I am but they keep telling me to be mmore aggressive and when I do it to snap my legs down right after the handstand... I just wanted to know if there was any other ways to help get iit down pat
    besse123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2010, 11:04 AM
    A back handspring requires strong and efficient shoulder blade muscles. Practice the push up plus. Place hands on wall. Set SHAPE(bum under, belly tight, ribs in, shoulder blades down and in). HOLD SHAPE while you press your blades together. Pressing blades together will push you towards wall. HOLD SHAPE while you spread your blades apart. Pressing blades apart will push you away from wall. Use your shoulder blade power to press you into and away from wall. Your body goes between your arms. Do not make this a shoulder or elbow exercise. This is the power you need to press off the ground to get you through the beginning of your hand spring. Use blade power first, then strong abdominal pull. Practice double leg lifts from flat and supported arch position. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gymnastics conditioning [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am a 16 year old girl and used to do some recreational gymnastics from 10-13. I live in England. I was very flexible but not strong enough to do well. Recently, I have become interested in doing the sport again (I am a recreation coach) and need some advice. I want to get really good at...

Help with gymnastics [ 3 Answers ]

Dear people reading this, I have some questions about gymnastics.I'm just starting and I need help on how to prepare myself for cartwheels,roundoffs and backhandspring before going to a teacher.Pleeezzzzzzzzzz help me Love addy

Male gymnastics [ 2 Answers ]

What do male gymnastis wear to keep their penis in place while they preform?

Too Old for Gymnastics? [ 1 Answers ]

I am 16, to turn 17 in a couple of weeks. I took gymnastics for about 3 years a long time ago (when I was 10-13 years old) and then quit. I was wondering if there was any chance of me being able to go back to the sport.. or is it too late?

Gymnastics [ 4 Answers ]

How many girls age 13 will compete Level 7 in California this season?

View more questions Search