Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashleycrannell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2010, 07:35 PM
    My snapper riding lawnmower will not start!
    Hi, I have a Snapper riding lawnmower the make is LX1642H. The question I have is why my new seloniod only has current going to three of the four posts. The cables and everything are clean, I cleaned them. This is not even getting my starter to go... the ignition switches works. Nothing happens when I try to start the lawnmower. It only starts when I jump the two posts on the seloniod. Please help
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Jul 1, 2010, 10:27 AM

The other side (small wire) of the solenoid needs to be grounded. Are you certain the "new" solenoid is correct for this application and is it wired correctly?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Snapper riding Lawnmower [ 2 Answers ]

Mower made a clunking noise quit running tried to restart pull cord won't pull like something is jammed pulled pull cord assy off don't see anything. There are no capital letters

Murray Riding Lawnmower will not start [ 1 Answers ]

Have a murray riding lawn mower can not get to stay running, I emptied the gas tank and the little bowl under carburator. Put new fuel and still will not start. If I put fuel in the carburator it will start but will not keep running. What else can I do?

Riding lawnmower won't start [ 3 Answers ]

Has new starter and battery. Trying to start its dead though when battery connected to charger starter hums. Weird!

Murray riding lawnmower won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I was mowing my lawn and mower was running fine. I shut it off for a moment and when I tried to start it again, I got nothing but a click at the solenoid. It has a brand new battery that has a good charge. Any suggestions? Also, if it is the solenoid, any good sites to find one?

Snapper Riding Lawn mower electric start issue [ 1 Answers ]

I have a snapper riding lawn mower. I misplace the key 2 years ago, disconnected the electric start on it and have pull started it. I want to now use the electric start again. I got a new key, cleaned the plugs and plugged them back together. It will not start with the electric start. I have...

View more questions Search