Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2010, 05:05 PM
    This is how we do it in america
    Would you like bruises with that? MP Paul Gibson bashed in McDonald's carpark | News.com.au

In a bizzaire exhibition of cowardise, apparently an american attacked an Australian politician in a car park shouting "this is how we do it in america". A short while ago a question was ask why do they hate us, I think perhaps you have an answer from one of your own
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2010, 06:33 PM

This is how you do it in Australia ? Running over someone's foot helping you park the car ?

So... let me get this straight... he was in la la land but remembers every detail of the confrontation... Possible broken ribs and shoulders barely conscious ,but got in a shot that bloodied his attacker .There is a sense of the unbelievable in his narrative ;as if there are large chunks of detail left out.

On another version of the story he was attacked by a CIA agent .

"People pulled him off me in the end and apparently one fellow came back to see me and said 'He's just showed me an ID which makes out he's a secret American agent," Mr Gibson told 2UE today.
    Labor MP 'attacker' claimed to be special agent, carrying a gun

In this version the gun the guy had turns out to be a gun license.
    "We haven't identified any witnesses who've seen a firearm," Detective Inspector Banfield said.
    He blows his horn at the guy and calls it a "friendly toot" .Usually the friendly toot in America is accompanied with a friendly single digit salute.

I have my suspicions about the incident . What day and time did that soccer match the Aussies lost end ? Was this MP a juiced up socceroo ?
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2010, 08:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    This is how you do it in Australia ? Running over someone's foot helping you park the car ?

?
    Of course you would defend the indefensable, a senior citizen is attacked by an american lout, and for what, maybe running over the foot of a person who had ample opportunity to get out of the way, he was directing the vehicle into a parking space, and yes, here, if someone needs to know that another vehicle is nearby we might gently touch the horn for a moment to attact their attention. We are not so up ourselves as to take offence at it. Also, of course you would defend yourself if you had the opportunity particularly if you thought the person was trying to kill you. The fact that the guy directed the senior citizen into the parking space suggests he was behaving in an unusual, perhaps, sarcastic manner before he went bisserk. Had this been america the senior citizen would have pulled out a gun and shot him.

I didn't post the other report about the "special agent", which came with a grinning photo ,as if that would give him any rights. If the guy said it, it makes him even more of a loney than he comes across as from attacking from behind. But he will be apprehended there is nothing so obvious as an black american in our society and I don't doubt, since he assaulted a member of the government, he will not only be charged with GBH but he might receive some himself along the way. This is the way we do it in Australia. We don't call them wollopers for nothing

I just wanted to point out just how ugly americans come across when they are out of their natural habitat, it might enlighten some of the folks back home.

The soccer match referred to was days ago and Australians don't get juiced up over soccer which after all is a foreign game played by those who can't get into a rugby team
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2010, 03:08 AM

Yeah yeah I know about the cliché "ugly American" . I wonder if his behavior rises to the level of the thug Aussie Bra Boys surfers who defend their beach turf against foreigners... or Aussie geezers in Thailand .
    WA man accused of assaulting Thai girls
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2010, 03:27 AM
    Yeah yeah I know about the cliche "ugly American" . I wonder if his behavior rises to the level of the thug Aussie Bra Boys surfers who defend their beach turf against foreigners .......or Aussie geezers in Thailand .
    WA man accused of assaulting Thai girls
    I have no doubt his behaviour stems from the same loutish source because it seems we are not immune to this sort of thing anywhere in the world, but still no excuse for straight out thuggery. I have no doubt you are familiar with the term ugly american, it is certainly, in my experience, more than a cliché, and you cannot place a racial violence event where people have been deliberately stirred up in the same league as a violent and cowardly attack on a senior citizen

Did you take the trouble to read that article the accused was a local resident, not a tourist, and from his name very likely a migrant anyway, stop clutching at straws and cop it.
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2010, 03:57 AM

You paint with a broad brush equating the behavior of a single American who may or may not have been provoked and yet excuse a pattern of behavior by beach gangs as a racial violence event where people have been deliberately stirred up as if that justifies their thuggery. By your logic then this African-American was justifed in this beat down because he was provoked by a person of a different race. And do you really think this is the way a typical American tourist behaves ?

I don't believe the narrative here . He helps the MP steer his car into the parking spot so he can beat the snot out of the guy ? Come on !Is that really believable ?
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2010, 06:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Would you like bruises with that? MP Paul Gibson bashed in McDonald's carpark | News.com.au

In a bizzaire exhibition of cowardise, apparently an american attacked an Australian politician in a car park shouting "this is how we do it in america". A short while ago a question was ask why do they hate us, I think perhaps you have an answer from one of your own
    By your logic, we now have justification to hate all Muslims because of one Muslim.

No, the accounts don't add up here Clete. Your account says, "He said the man grabbed him by the throat, threw him into the bonnet of a 4WD and smashed his head on the cement," and "the man repeatedly said "this is how we do it in America" as he pounded Mr Gibson's head."

This account says a whole lot more about him being pounded in the head, yet the only report of injuries is "Mr Gibson said he had some broken ribs and was still "passing a bit of blood".

This account says, "Mr Gibson received cuts and bruises to his shoulders and ribs."

If as he said, "he was getting my head and smashing it into the gutter," there'd be some serious head injuries to report.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2010, 07:07 AM

Hello:

So, the most important current event we have to talk about is THIS?? Dudes! What about Brittany Spears??

excon
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2010, 07:10 AM

I was thinking about Boris and Natashya being busted after the President and Putin's poodle had the hamburger summit.
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2010, 07:18 AM
    You paint with a broad brush equating the behavior of a single American who may or may not have been provoked and yet excuse a pattern of behavior by beach gangs as a racial violence event where people have been deliberately stirred up as if that justifies their thuggery. By your logic then this African-American was justifed in this beat down because he was provoked by a person of a different race. And do you really think this is the way a typical American tourist behaves ?

I don't believe the narrative here . He helps the MP steer his car into the parking spot so he can beat the snot out of the guy ? Come on !Is that really believable ?
    Sometimes I think you are a raving idiot, who suggested this is anything but a misunderstanding, but the over the top assult of a senior citizen is not justified under any circumstance. Now as far as the bra boys is concerned they were provoked by roving gangs of islamic youth looking for trouble, the actions of either side are not excusable, but it is probable there was history between the two groups and in any case it has to be seen in the wider perspective of what was happening elsewhere on that day. There was no such history between the black american lout and the senior citizen and it is to be hoped that american tourists are not so poorly behaved that this is the norm, but they got their reputation for a reason and it is usually because they think they can do what the like. We don't settle minor disputes with gratorious violence and we certainly don't attack someone when they aren't looking, that is the act of a coward and a criminal
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2010, 07:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello:

So, the most important current event we have to talk about is THIS???? Dudes! What about Brittany Spears???

excon
    Ex when you have a slow week as we have had around here lately what do you expect? The reality is we have done the current events to death and who wants to talk about Brittany Spears anyway, obviously not you because you haven't started a thread
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2010, 07:24 AM

What I really find hard to believe is a geezer MP lowering himself by patronizing an American francise like Micky D's . The violent reaction was due to something they added to the McWallaby.
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2010, 07:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    By your logic, we now have justification to hate all Muslims because of one Muslim.

No, the accounts don't add up here Clete. Your account says, "He said the man grabbed him by the throat, threw him into the bonnet of a 4WD and smashed his head on the cement," and "the man repeatedly said "this is how we do it in America" as he pounded Mr Gibson's head."

This account says a whole lot more about him being pounded in the head, yet the only report of injuries is "Mr Gibson said he had some broken ribs and was still "passing a bit of blood".

This account says, "Mr Gibson received cuts and bruises to his shoulders and ribs."

If as he said, "he was getting my head and smashing it into the gutter," there'd be some serious head injuries to report.
    How much is journalistc licence and how much is fact we will not know until the matter gets into a court but there are some inescapable facts

A senior citizen, a person of some reputation in the community, was assulted in a very violent manner.

The perpretrator of this crime, and it most certainly was what you would call a felony assult, was apparently a vistor, a an american tourist, who may or may not be armed, and may or may not have dangerous delusions.

If he was armed, there will be other charges as it is illegal to carry a conceiled weapon in Australia, whether you have a licence or not.
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2010, 07:43 AM
    So, the most important current event we have to talk about is THIS???? Dudes! What about Brittany Spears???
    Who?

I was pondering how the media suddenly became defenders of states' rights since SCOTUS affirmed the 2nd amendment. Or how 90% of Al Sharpton's listeners agreed with Clarence Thomas.

Or, how about Kagan’s Abortion Distortion in which she manipulated a statement the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists in arguing against Nebraska's partial birth abortion ban which SCOTUS struck down.
    thisisit Posts: 406, Reputation: 57

Jun 30, 2010, 07:48 AM

I don't know, just a hunch, paraclete, you seem like a biased reporter... just saying.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2010, 08:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    I was pondering how the media suddenly became defenders of states' rights since SCOTUS affirmed the 2nd amendment.
    Hello Steve:

The lamestream media are lapdogs... Sarah Palin has it right... But, it should come as no surprise that we think the lapdogs are lapdoggin to different people.

For example, the debate over waterboarding. It's been the subject of press attention for over a century. From the early 1930s until the modern story broke in 2004, the newspapers that covered waterboarding almost uniformly called the practice torture or implied it was torture. The New York Times characterized it thus in 81.5% (44 of 54) of articles on the subject and The Los Angeles Times did so in 96.3% of articles (26 of 27).

By contrast, from 2002‐2008, these newspapers almost never referred to waterboarding as torture. The New York Times called waterboarding torture or implied it was torture in just 2 of 143 articles (1.4%). The Los Angeles Times did so in 4.8% of articles (3 of 63). The Wall Street Journal characterized the practice as torture in just 1 of 63 articles (1.6%). USA Today never called waterboarding torture or implied it was torture.

So, Rudy Giuliani was right. Waterboarding is torture depending on WHO'S doing it, and WHO'S reporting it.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2010, 08:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    How much is journalistc licence
    Or victim's license and journalistic incompetence.

the perpretrator of this crime, and it most certainly was what you would call a felony assult, was apparently a vistor, a an american tourist, who may or may not be armed, and may or may not have dangerous delusions.
    Well, I still like our Australian friends in spite of you, Clete. ;)
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2010, 08:32 AM

The MP should've pulled out one of them Paul Hogan knives.
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2010, 08:33 AM
    The lamestream media are lapdogs... Sarah Palin has it right... But, it should come as no surprise that we think the lapdogs are lapdoggin to different people
    LOL, I'm with Breibart on this one, I'd like to see Journolist's archives. The lamestream media media isn't lapdogging my people.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2010, 08:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by thisisit View Post
    I don't know, just a hunch, paraclete, you seem like a biased reporter.... just sayin.
    Both sides are in this thread.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wife used me to come into america [ 2 Answers ]

My wife, now Xwife, was from Russia and fraudently married me to get green card. She filed false assault and battery charges on me, I was thrown in jail, guns taken away, and put on a 7 day emergency protective order. Lawyer said to pleade no contest because the judge finds 99.9% of all men...

Coming to America! [ 7 Answers ]

Hello fellow AMHDers! This question is really for everyone who lives in America or has visited there recently! I'm coming back from my little trip to Afghanistan in a couple of weeks and fancy a holiday with my Moomin. As the exchange rate with the pound is so awesome (for us Brits that is!)...

Coming to America [ 12 Answers ]

Planning this years holiday I wanted to go somewhere different we usually go to the Med. But this year want somewhere different been and done the whole Disney thing wanted to come and see something different in the states got kids so what does any one suggest cannot do a fly drive though

What are the implications for America? [ 21 Answers ]

Fidel Castro is stepping down, and it looks like his brother's going to take over. Here's the story I saw: Castro resigns as Cuba's leader - Focus on Cuba - MSNBC.com So what might this mean for America in the short and long term? Do you think that free travel will be a possibility? Most...

Only in America [ 5 Answers ]

Only in America 1. Only in America... can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance. 2. Only in America... are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink. 3. Only in America... do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their...

View more questions Search