Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aragorn_arwen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2003, 04:31 PM
    Left brain -> right half of body...
    ?? Does any one know the advantage of having the left half of the brain controlling the right half of the body, and vice versa?

Thanks for your kind attention.

Aragorn_arwen
    nishant_yagnick Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2004, 08:42 PM
    left brain -> right half of body...
    u've asked a question I've been wondering about for a very long time.no specific answer, but one answer I got was due to the largeness of the human brain. We know anatomically how the corpus callossum(the thick band of nerve fibres between the 2 halves of the cerebrum)allows passage of neves, its anotomy is such that the nerves are connected as they are. This accommodates the nerves to be joined to the insides of the brain, with much greater ease, through the corpus callossum,i.e. the central fissure between the two halves, if the left side was connected to the left part of the brain, then the nerves would have to bend significantly, and a structural strain would be produced. Of course this is only a hypothesis, but your question is the most common unanswerable type in biology. Your asking why is anatomy the way it is, and not something else, well, the only good explanations lie in the study of our evolution and how this anatomy was an improvement over the previous anatomy of our ancestral organisms... even then, they cannot give exact answers easily

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Hard Drive vs. The Brain [ 8 Answers ]

Just interested in some thoughts here. I am sure that most of us are aware of the way we refer to the amount of information that a hard drive can store. Bytes Of course, it is the Gigabyte we use most frequently now days. It is not uncommon to find a computer that has a capacity of 200 to...

Algebra Help Please-Racking the Brain! [ 2 Answers ]

:( If anyone knows how to set this up and explain to me I would be so grateful. 2/3(y-3) = 1/3y I know to remove the parenthesis, I multiply 2/3 x 3 (which is 2) so: 2/3y - 2 = 1/3y Now I know I must combine the y's and change the sign to positive AND THAT IS WHERE I GET STUCK

Am I Half Owner Or Not? [ 6 Answers ]

Recently my husband and I refinanced our home. I assumed that I was a joint/half owner, but when I tried using my SS # to access our mort. Account by phone I was told that I am ONLY on the note so I had to use his SS #. Meaning, so they said, that they could never go after me for payment. I...

My Half Dachshund Half Chihuahua has potty problem! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello my My Half Dachshund Half Chihuahua is a great dog but when it comes to the potty he is not good. He is let outside every hour but sometimes he pees in the house. I stay with him outside for 30 minutes and let him inside. I have no solution what should I do? :confused:

View more questions Search