Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Jun 29, 2010, 12:26 PM
    Stphen King short story?
    Okay - so I read this story a looong time ago (15yrs?) - I remember thinking it was really, really similar to the gunslinger book (the first one), there was a 'gunslinger' type character, there's something about a necklace thing he takes off a dead guy (shot and lying in a horse trough?), there's something about a girl (at a convent type place?) who has like bells or something on a veil she wears, and when she shakes them she can summon bug type things(?), there's something special about the necklace the 'gunslinger' guy took off the dead guy, I think it kind of protects him from something (someone?), also - there's something about the 'nun' type characters at the 'convent' place - I think they drug the 'gunslinger' guy and drink his blood or something... if this sounds familiar to anyone, I would really appreciate some direction in finding this book (there's always a possibility that I'm wrong, and it's not King - or maybe this IS from one of the Gunslinger books? (I kind of doubt that, but you never know!)) Thanks in advance!
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Dec 13, 2010, 01:48 PM

Never fear! I found it myself! (Soo glad to know I'm not completely crazy! ) - One thing I was off on, this was published initially in 1998 - then again in Stehen Kings Everythings Eventual in 2002 - so it wasn't as long ago as I thought. Anyway, the story is called The Little Sisters of Eluria by Stephen King. Thanks to anyone who tried to help - kind of surprised that I had no responses - oh well, mystery solved! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is name of this short story [ 2 Answers ]

I read this in college. It's about a family that takes a trip. The car breaks down and 3 men show up and they end up killing the family. I think the grandmother survives. I had to do a research paper on the symbolism on this story. Been trying to find it for a couple months now. Please...

New short story. [ 13 Answers ]

Burning Both Ends Of The Night... The summer I turned eighteen, I was working with my father. Doing odd jobs, and constructon. Destiny must have been working with me. That was the year we were assigned the old Miller place. A renovation that would probably take all summer. Everything that...

New short story. [ 2 Answers ]

Chapter one. The telling of my story. "Please leave son, and dont come back. If I see you again, I will kill you." A tear ran down her cheek as she said the words that she hated. I could tell by the look in her eyes that she wanted nothing more than for me to never leave. To stay with...

TV drama Little Boy King the Martin Luther King story [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can find the TV Drama Little Boy King about MLK when he was young. I don't know any of the stars but I know Bill Withers appeared on the show and sang You just can't smile it away ( my favorite Bill Withers song) Any help tracking this down. THX

Short story [ 1 Answers ]

What is the shortest thing that will be published because I have a story that is only close to 6000 words, I think it is worth publishing but is it long enough and if it is what is it called a novel or a novella or anything like that?

View more questions Search