Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ciancasey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2010, 05:05 AM
    Whey for teenage athletes?
    I'm turning sixteen in two months. I play rugby competitively four times a week. Also recently I have begun weight lifting to assist with development and was wondering is whey protein concentrate a good supplement to take in moderate doses to aid development
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2010, 05:06 PM

Yes, it's fine. Basically, it's a concentrated form of milk, it's a natural food, not some weird supplement that will cause your bits to shrivel up.

One scoop after intense exercise is an extremely useful aid to recovery. More than that is a waste.

Ideally, take it with a small amount of carbohydrate to assist your muscles using it most effectively.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are there any legal products for improving athletes performance? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am an athlete and have been preparing myself for a competition - my specialty is the 400 metres. I am a little overweight, which causes me to become tired around the 250m mark and drop off the pace. Are there any products that can help increase my stamina - legally? Your guidance is...

What is good Professional grooming and image concerns for female athletes? [ 1 Answers ]

What do you teach as a professional grooming and image class for a female basketball team? They have tatooes, piercing all over the body!

View more questions Search