Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chandrima Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2010, 12:07 AM
    Phone ethics
    What are the dos and dont's of telephone ethics?
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2010, 01:07 PM

There is a way to know if you are ethical in phone conversations, aside from asking your friends. You can record your phone calls and see for yourself how you talk to people on the phone. Listening to yourself will tell you where you have to make improvements so that you can make your phone calls sound very professional, ethical, and effective.

I don’t really have specific dos and don’ts, but phone calls area really important in a business setting. Unfortunately, some professionals underestimate the power of a phone call. They don’t understand how it can affect their work.

People form first impressions over the phone much like they’d do meeting you in person. It could be based on how you sound, the way you talk, or your tone. To be ethical and polite, be sure to introduce yourself to the person.

In business you don’t know if the person on the other end is getting good reception of your voice, so be sure to speak clearly and audibly.

Don’t carry on a conversation with someone else when you’re on the phone.

A lot of people are very sensitive about the tone other people use when talking to them. To avoid being judged as ill-mannered, check your tone. Talk formally but with a casual vibe to come across as friendly.
    Patrizh05 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2011, 02:31 PM
    I want to know what is for??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Phone Ethics script [ 2 Answers ]

May I have some example of phone ethics, open spiel up to closing spiel.:)

Phone ethics [ 1 Answers ]

What is phone ethics? What do I need to keep in mind when answerting a phone call when working in an organisation as a receptionist

Phone Ethics [ 2 Answers ]

Please let me know the phone ethics required for outbound tele-marketing

Phone ethics [ 1 Answers ]

I just want to know what does phone ethics means?

Phone ethics [ 2 Answers ]

Could you please send me a list of Telephone ethics??

View more questions Search