Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gohokies Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2010, 05:21 PM
    Where do I find the Model and Serial number for my 25 year old Janitrol AC unit?
    I can't find a tag inside or out with the model and serial number. There is a metal Janitrol nameplate on the front of the condenser unit but no other plates that are legible. Am I missing something?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2010, 05:29 PM
    Should be in the area of where the electrical wires go into the unit

Jun 28, 2010, 05:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wmproop View Post
    should be in the area of where the electrical wires go into the unit
    Thanks, but there simply isn't anything there, not even an illegible plate. I am replacing the fan blade and motor and have the correct model numbers for both. But the web site I purchased them from won't ship until I provide the Model number and serial number. Not sure why.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2010, 06:29 PM
    Not likely you save much if any dollars by buying online,, take the motor and fan with you to local HVAC store or Grangers they will match you up with what you need,, much quicker and just as cheap,, the s/h fees will raise the price up to local prices

Jun 29, 2010, 05:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wmproop View Post
    not likely you save much if any dollars by buying online,,,take the motor and fan with you to local HVAC store or Grangers they will match you up with what you need,,,much quicker and just as cheap,,,,the s/h fees will raise the price up to local prices
    Wow! Thanks. Great idea. My condo is melting hot and I'm tired of ing around with these guys. Thanks again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Find date of white sewing machine by serial number [ 4 Answers ]

I have a white model 765 delux sewing machine lovely gold color heavier than a boat anchor. The serial number is 22020. Anyone out there who knows when it was made. I am thinking late 50's like me.

What model is the white sewing machine with serial number 283584? [ 0 Answers ]

What model is the white sewing machine with serial number 283584? My bobbin thread keeps getting caught and I can't seem to find a manual that matchs the look of my machine online. Please help

My outside unit fan went out how do I find the model number [ 1 Answers ]

I have a ge outside unit the fan went out how do I find the model number

Where would I find the serial number? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old magnavox record console. As far as I can tell, from comparing it to pictures of others like it online, it's from the 60's. What I want to know is, where do I look to find the serial number? It's not on the back, bottom, or in the compartment with the record player. Would I have to...

Where do I find a reset button for Janitrol Model GMP100-4 [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace is out and this has happened before... it just needed to be reset. I need help locating the reset button on Janitrol model GMP100-4, serial #9403029893... can anyone help? Where is a reset button usually located on a furnace?

View more questions Search