Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mgreg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2010, 03:37 PM
    How much Bleach to use to clean potable water system on a boat
    Trying to remove a Sulfur (Sulphur) smell form our potable water system on a boat. I have been told to use bleach but people are vague as to the mixing ratio. Any thoughts?
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Jul 1, 2010, 10:37 AM

Not sure of the holding tank volume on your particular boat. I would use 1/2 cup per hundred gallons, if tank is smaller, go with 1/2 cup. Let sit 24 hours and then drain. It does not take much but you may have to repeat periodically.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove the Kenmore potable washer's agitator [ 11 Answers ]

Hi I find it difficult to remove the agitator of my Apartment size Kenmore, When I wash my cloths it leaks and my Kitchen become flooded, so I thought of remove the machine and see where is the leak.. How ever I do not know how to remove the agitator - the model number is 110.2970092 - Thanks

Can you use bleach water to clean laminate wood floors? [ 5 Answers ]

Can you use bleach and water to clean Mohawk laminate wood flooring? How diluted should it be if yes?

Getting Your System Clean [ 1 Answers ]

How Long Does It Take For Lortabs & Paxil To Get Out Of Your System

My boat and dock where destroyed by neighbors broken loose boat during hurricane [ 3 Answers ]

As I said above, during hurricane Wilma my neighbors boat broke loose from its mooring and floated down to my dock, two homes away, and proceeded to smash my boat and dock until the storm was over. My dock was destroyed and my boat was knocked off the lift and sank, Do I have any recourse, as my...

View more questions Search