Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MINPIN Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2010, 11:50 AM
    Senior dogs age 9
    My Senior 9 year old Min Pin, Deficates in the house when im not home... or when im not looking, what is this about??!?! my roomates have had enough and now she is not longer welcome.. she is trained.. and knows to go outside.. what the heck is going on!! im frazzled
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2010, 12:03 PM

She's old - it could be anything from some sort of upset in her life to a health problem to senility.

What does your Vet say about her health?

Can you confine her somewhere, for example, to your bedroom?

Have there been changes in her life or diet?
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jun 28, 2010, 12:23 PM

Have you thought about crate training while you are away?
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2010, 01:31 PM

9 years is getting to be an old dog. Some dogs age faster then others.. same as people. Your dog may be forgetting to let you know when she needs to go outside. Now its up to you to make sure she gets outside more often to empty her system.

What type of food are you feeding? Believe it or not, food does have a huge impact on housetraining. If you're feeding lower quality foods or even regular maintenance instead of senior, then your dog can't help but go potty more.

You should start to introduce a crate. Crates keep good dogs good. Typically, dogs will not potty where they sleep. With an older dog, crate training can be very easy.

You should also get an old dog vet check up just to make sure everything is working right inside.

Is this situation with you and roommates relatively new? Older dogs have a harder time adjusting to new environments. This could be her way of letting you know she's stressed.

Good luck.
    MINPIN Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2010, 10:22 AM
    She is not as old as one would think, she looks and acts very young for her age, she is crate trained, she is housetrained, she tells us when she wants to go we even ask, and she replies... she seems to do it... when no one is looking, she is sound healthy and mind, I can crate her and when I get home, put her out... she comes in, then lke a hour later when our back is turned she does it. She is currently on a holistic senior formula, I know this product. Anyway she is evicted and I have to find a new place thanks for the info

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What if you're an under age drinker in Miami County, OH age 18 What are charges? [ 3 Answers ]

What if you're an under age drinker in Miami County, OH (age 18), what are possible charges when appearing in court? Should you have a lawyer?

Hot Dogs For Dogs [ 7 Answers ]

My 20 Month Old -13 Lb Female Shih Tzu Has Always Been A Picky Eater. Recently We Gave Her A Beef Hot Dog... she Won't Eat Anything Else. I Give Her 2 Hot Dogs At Noon & 2 At 6pm... she Lovvvvvvvvves Them & Is Happy As Can Be. Am I Feeding Her Too Much & Is She Getting Proper Nutrition? Thank You

Socializing Senior Dogs? [ 10 Answers ]

I have 2 dachshunds that are 10 years old and 12 years old, and I want to integrate a lab puppy into the house in about 2 months. We recently went to a lab rescue to try to find a lab there that would fit our home. During a home visit, a lab was brought to see how our dogs would react to the new...

Are hot dogs safe for dogs [ 7 Answers ]

Are hot dogs safe for me to feed to my dog,or are there any health issues I should be concerned with?

The age of father is twice the square of the age of his son. [ 1 Answers ]

The age of father is twice the square of the age of his son. Eight years hence, the age of the father will be 4 years more than three times the age of the son. Find present ages?

View more questions Search