Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abby917 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2010, 08:54 AM
    Grilling Corn?
    I want to make Corn on the Cob on the grill. I've never prepared it this way and have been looking online for tips on doing so, but everything I've read is different!

My questions are

Should I soak it in water before grilling (why/why not?) IF SO, do I soak it with the husks still one or remove them, and how long should it soak?

Should I wrap it in alluminum foil before grilling?

I am planning on leaving the husks on while grilling, would you recommend this?
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2010, 09:03 AM

I have grilled it with no husks and in tin foil, salt, pepper and butter inside.

I have also cooked with the husks on.
    Pull the husks back and clean the corn of the silks, then wrap the husks back up and soak the husks, so they don't burn on the grill. :)
    twinkie15 Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Jun 28, 2010, 04:34 PM

I myself wouldn't soak because if it has water between the kernals it will steam and you won't get nice grill marks so what I would do is wash it real fast inside of the husk and wipe it down and get almost ALL the water off, and leave the husk on, and then brush the inside with oil and grill.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Corn on the Cob [ 4 Answers ]

Is it possible to freeze corn ON the cob? If so, how would I go about doing it? Thank you!:)

Corn on the cob [ 9 Answers ]

Can I freeze corn on the cob? If I vacumn seal it? Or is there a way so I don't have to cut it off the cob? Thanks

Allergic to corn [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm allergic to corn flower. It means that I'm allergic to corn starch also? Who's allergic to an ingredient is allergic to the relative starches? ( potatoes- potato starch) thank you very much

Corn Salad [ 1 Answers ]

Any receipes for a corn salad. Had it and can't find it. I know it has corn, red and green peppers, etc and I think miracle whip and it was chilled. Don't know the measurement quantities

View more questions Search