Jun 28, 2010, 05:58 AM
    h2co3+caco3=cao
    h2co3+?=cao+?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2010, 02:53 AM

Clarify your question please.

And, just in case...

A metal carbonate reacts with an acid to form a salt, water and carbon dioxide.
    A metal oxide reacts with an acid to form a salt and water.
    leif_erikson Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Jul 5, 2010, 06:59 PM

OK, your question isn't very clear but just in case you're asking for the reaction that happens between calcium carbonate and carbonic acid, I'll answer. Carbonic acid is acidic meaning that it gives off one or two protons and forms a conjugate base. Let's say that one of it's protons is released. This leaves us with CaCO3, a proton and a bicarbonate anion. If that free proton combines with the carbonate ion (which it will since the carbonate anion has a larger Kb than bicarbonate) , then it forms another bicarbonate anion.

So we now have two bicarbonate ions and one calcium cation. What is the product? It's calcium bicarbonate .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I calculate total hardness in ppm CaCO3? [ 5 Answers ]

35.0mL sample of water is titrated with 0.0100M EDTA. Exactly 9.70mL of EDTA are required to reach the EBT endpoint. How can I calculate total hardness in ppm CaCO3? Please Please help, any equation? Thanks

How many grams are in 5.66 mol of CaCO3? [ 3 Answers ]

How many grams are in 5.66 mol of CaCO3?

H2CO3 and NaHCO3 adding H+, write ionic equation [ 1 Answers ]

Write ionic equations that illustrate how each pair of compounds can serve as a buffer pair. Use the smallest possible integer coefficients. H2CO3 and NaHCO3 adding H+, AND H2CO3 and NaHCO3 adding OH-, Please help me how to do this problems for me. Please help! Thanks

Predict the product of this reaction Zn H2CO3 and if it will precipitate [ 2 Answers ]

Predict the product of this reaction Zn H2CO3 and if it will precipitate

In the chemical reaction CaCO3=CaO+CO2, if 40.0g of CaCO3 is decomposed, how many gra [ 1 Answers ]

okay, here is the question: in the chemical reaction CaCO3=CaO+CO2, if 40.0g of CaCO3 is decomposed, how many grams of CaO are produced? Also, where did "the rest" of the mass go anyway? I'm kind of confused on this question any leads would help. Thanks.

View more questions Search