Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Garley4ever Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2010, 09:59 PM
    Is it normal to have intense pain after having a cartilage ear piercing?
    I Just Got My Ear Pierced 4 Days Ago. & There Is Swelling & Pain When Nothing is touching it, it is also red. I think A piece of my hair got stuck in the piercing, Any Thought on what I should Do??
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2010, 03:45 PM

You should return to the person who did the piercing or make an appointment with your physician.

Soreness and minor swelling is normal, but intense pain is not.
    dancerboo28 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2011, 02:52 PM
    I got my cartilage pierced 4 days ago, and have been experiencing severe pain as well. However, I don't think it is infected, because I read that it is normal to have the redness and swelling, which I also have. But, it hurts extremely bad even without touching it. I have used antibacterial ointment and also the cleaner on my ear, and it still is very painful. Do you know if this is normal?
    Izzy98 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2012, 05:05 PM
    I got my cartilage pierced on both sides 4 days ago, and my left one hurts without even touching it. I have a lot of pain but my right ear has no pain, no redness, or no swelling. But Its weird I been touching my left ear a lot because it hurts a lot. Is this normal?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ear cartilage piercing swelling [ 5 Answers ]

I recently got my cartilage pierced. One day, it was normal and the next I couldn't move the earring back and forth to clean it. What does this mean?

Ear cartilage piercing [ 6 Answers ]

I got my cartilage pierced 4 days ago. The stud they used always tangled my hair and caused incredible pain. My brother convinced me to put a hoop in instead. After an hour of prying off the stud and inserting the hoop it seemed to feel a bit better. All day today I have been miserable! I can't...

Ear cartilage piercing pimple [ 3 Answers ]

Help me! I've got no idea to solve my ear cartilage pimple behind my ear besides polysporin and alcohol, can you help me if you know what I'm talking about. Thanks again :P

Ear cartilage piercing infection old [ 0 Answers ]

I had a cartilage piercing more than 2 years ago, and it never healed. It hurt a lot few days after the piercing, it got swollen, and every time I attempted to clean the wound, it felt like making another piercing putting the earring on. I never went back to check with my piercer, and eventually I...

I have a pimple above my ear cartilage piercing [ 2 Answers ]

Help me!! I have a pimple above my ear cartilage piercing amd I'm not sure what to do. Do you guys have any home remedies? Thanks

View more questions Search