Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ali_626 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2010, 10:40 AM
    How does one install a water line to a refrigerator for water and ice making?
    How does one install a water line to a refrigerator for water and ice making?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2010, 12:07 PM

Usually there is a kit: See ice maker install kit - Google Search

Note the YouTube video in the list of links.

If you have PVC pipes, the saddle valve doesn't work.

Some people add a filter for their water and ice maker. Lots of different types available.
    Angrycustomer Posts: 79, Reputation: -1

Jun 28, 2010, 03:54 PM

First off.. ice makers are best under the counter. Inline filters are good, and should be used with the refrigerators that don't offer filtration. Try to pick a filter where the cartridge can be switched without turning off the water.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot Water at Refrigerator Water line? [ 60 Answers ]

We recently moved into a 10 year old home and purchased a new refrigerator with a water filter and ice maker, only to find that when we hooked it up to the single water line behind the fridge, it dispenses hot water. I don't think the line has been used before now and was wondering if anyone has...

I cannot find the connection to install the ice maker water line on a kenmore56926600 [ 1 Answers ]

On a kenmore56926600 I cannot find the connection to intasll the water line for the icamaker

GE refrigerator ice maker not getting water [ 2 Answers ]

I have a GE side-by-side refrigerator model no. TFX30PPZC AA that is not getting water to the ice maker. My 1st assumption would be the dual water valve that feeds the door water and ice maker is failing on the ice maker side (unit part no 795). The door water dispenser is working fine. Can...

Ge refrigerator ice in water line [ 0 Answers ]

I`have a GE refrigerator with ice and water dispenser. The water line seems to get ice forming that prevents the water from flowing forming ion

Hooking up water line to refrigerator for ice maker and water dispenser [ 2 Answers ]

Here is my problem, I just bought a refrigerator that has an ice maker and water dispenser which by the way is a Haier PRCS25. I then purchased an ice maker kit from the hardware which came with a self piercing saddle valve. From here I connected the valve to a 3/4" copper cold line pipe...

View more questions Search