Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DGrant007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2010, 08:53 AM
    What are my right as a alley owner?
    Recently my neghbor run a satellite cable to a utility pole that is locate in my alley between his and my home that I own and have deed of ownership. The wire is laying on the surface of the ground. Do I have the right as owner of the alley to request my neighbor to conceal the cable in the ground. The cable run completely across the alley.

DGrant
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2010, 09:00 AM

Hello D:

If you own the alley, you can (1) make him remove his cable, (2) charge him RENT for the use of your land, AND (3) ask him to conceal it...

Since you own it, you should PROFIT from its use.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 27, 2010, 09:22 AM

If you own it, then it is not really a "alley" it is a drive on your property.

What is the easement, normally your neighbors will have the right to access power, cable and the such

The question I have, is why is it on the ground, just temp till they run a new wire ? Or did they illegally connect without permission of the cable company
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 27, 2010, 07:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DGrant007 View Post
    ... Do I have the right as owner of the alley to request my neighbor to conceal the cable in the ground[?] ...
    As has been said above, you are probably not the "owner" of the alley.

Call the satellite TV company and demand that they take care of the situation.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 27, 2010, 07:55 PM

Cable or satellite companies do not leave their wires laying on the ground, at least not more than a day or two, till it can be either put underground or hung properly.

Also if they put a dish up on a utility pole, that is not legal either.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If two people own a home can one owner charge the other owner rent [ 1 Answers ]

If two people qwn one home can the other owner charge rent

Who owns the alley? [ 23 Answers ]

My neighbor owned a water system that supplied water to the town for years, it was put out of service in 1997, he claims that the Alley (where the old water system ran) between him and us is his and will not allow us using it to run utilities to our lots. The lots, streets and alleys are all part...

Can the city put a lien on a house because they use it's alley? [ 3 Answers ]

I recently made an offer on my first home, and I was told by my real estate agent that the alley behind the house was part of the property, but the city took it to use it to read meters. Therefore, there is a lien on the property that will always be there, but it's OK , because it's really my...

Quit claim deed for an alley in Dekalb Cty, Georgia. [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I have a property in dekalb county, and my back yard is small. There is an alley and lots behind me that are undeveloped and are currently woods. I was told that I could get part or the entire alley by obtaining a quitclaim deed from the county. If some one could explain were do I need...

View more questions Search