Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cooperg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2010, 05:54 PM
    Family member will not leave with his family and my mom died and I am the exector.
    Mother died and I am the executor of the will. Brother and family have lived with Mom for six months. This was suppose to be temporary. Mom never wanted him in the house and told the other family members he better not live in my house and under no cicumstances do I want him to live here. Have not even buried my Mom and I have to deal with my loser brother the liar. Please, please help me. We need to sell property as soon as possible in order to pay bills.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 26, 2010, 05:57 PM

He has lived there, that makes him a resident. If MOM had wanted him out, why did she not evict him?

But you are stuck with him as a unpaid renter for now, and will have to go though formal eviction procedure.

Is the estate going to sell the home ? Is he going to be one of the heirs ?

And you are not going to "sell the house quickly" well depends on what you think quick is. The bills go to her estate, and they are told to wait, the sell and bills will go though Probate and will have time frames to follow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Family member won't leave fathers home that we need to sell [ 7 Answers ]

My fathers' nephew has been allowed to live in my fathers home when my father was well enough to care for himself and afford to maintain his own home; the nephew has never had a lease written or verbal nor has he paid anything. Now that I have moved my father into my home to care for him, my...

Getting a family member to leave my home when I move [ 7 Answers ]

I presently lease a home and my name is the only one on the lease document. My daughter (39) and grand daughter (15) are listed as occupants. My daughters boyfriend also lives in the house. I am in the process of buying a condo for myself and feel that my daughter will refuse to leave when I...

How long does it normally take for a family member to adopt another family member [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: I am in the process of adopting my nephew. I have had him since he was born and started the adoption in 05 I did home study, background check, etc in first year. Two years later I got transfer of custody. It is now going on the third year and the adoption is still not final. How long...

Non-leased tenant died; family won't leave [ 1 Answers ]

We have an issue with a tenant that died about 3 months ago and never renewed his lease. The problem now is that his ex-wife(who hasn't been married to him or lived with him for 15 years) and her kids and grandchildren have all moved into the house right after he passed away. They have not and...

View more questions Search