Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarah_bakhtiar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2010, 01:08 PM
    Fashion
    Sir Asalam o alikum.. I'm sarah bakhtiar.. sir I'm much confused about the complete dress code for women in islam. Sir I was a very fashionable girl.. but now I started wearing hijab I also cover my face.. but I'm vin a pbm... sir as far as abbaya is concenered isn't it an arabic culture?? I live in pakistan.. I want to ask can I wear long loose frocks with bit style I mean something like laces embrdry on?? It will keep my satr. I want to ask the meaning of ' NOT SO GLAMOROUS... as well as " ATTRACTION for opposite sex"
    Sir its very hot in here.. n I'm having difficulty in puttin an abbaya on.. I wan you to tel me if the description is accordin to islam or not.. sir please do guide me..
    One thing more is there any color restriction for women in islam? Can't she wear colorful clothes outside the house??
    Please help me I'm hell confused, as I'm new on this path
    Waiting for your reply
    JazakAllah
    Allah hafiz
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2010, 01:05 PM
    Assalaam alaikum,

Islam Question and Answer - Does women?s hijab have to be black?
    http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/6991

Please read the links for a detailed answer.

Edit:
    As long as your form of dress meets the conditions of hijab mentioned above it will be all right.

I would just like to add that in a hot humid climate, it is easier to wear loose clothing than tight fitting ones.
    Personally the tight fitting clothes are uncomfortable when it is hot and/or humid.

May Allah reward you for your struggle to follow the Islamic form of dress.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What's the difference between fashion designing and fashion merchandising? [ 2 Answers ]

What's the difference between fashion designing and fashion merchandising?

Fashion [ 4 Answers ]

I have a black tube top dress for my formal, everyone else has basically the same thing. How do I make mine look different?

Old Fashion [ 8 Answers ]

Can you still find men who are into old fashion courtship?

View more questions Search